Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Adam_777 wrote:What kind of reception do YECs like myself get on this site?
Now where did I put that bag of feathers and the bucket of tar?
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Adam_777 wrote:What kind of reception do YECs like myself get on this site?
Now where did I put that bag of feathers and the bucket of tar?
:pound:
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Adam_777
Established Member
Sex: Male

Post by Adam_777 »

I'm still here... :poke:
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Adam_777 wrote:I'm still here... :poke:
You've passed the first test (of humor) my young earther friend, so officialy, welcome to the board.

Seriously though, 6,000 years? Really? Are you kidding me? (ok, ok, I'll stop now. It's just not fair considering I'm a mod).
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

Adam,

Considering that I've been called both a heretic and been insulted because of my gender by a very dogmatic YEC ("that's what you get when a woman starts thinking....")

AND

considering that I've been called a loon for believing in the Bible and God by atheists....(you shouldn't be teaching....they should fire you....")

I would say that it's not necessarilty what you believe that eould determine the welcome :esurprised: :ewink: but by the strength of the arguments.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Adam_777
Established Member

Post by Adam_777 »

Actually, I can tell I'm really going to enjoy it here. I'm chomping at the bit to grill the Old Earthers from a couple of different angles but initially, I wouldn't mind sharing my testimony and dialoguing off of it. Where should I put a general discussion like this, if it's welcome? I'm a very transparent person and I'm always anxious to learn even when I'm fighting for my understanding. The truth is; only God has perfect knowledge and our best strides come from dropping our pride… And dropping it again…and again… and again… :shakehead:
Last edited by Adam_777 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adam_777
Established Member

Post by Adam_777 »

Byblos wrote:
Adam_777 wrote:I'm still here... :poke:
You've passed the first test (of humor) my young earther friend, so officialy, welcome to the board.

Seriously though, 6,000 years? Really? Are you kidding me? (ok, ok, I'll stop now. It's just not fair considering I'm a mod).
It's fair. :)
Adam_777
Established Member

Post by Adam_777 »

zoegirl wrote:Adam,

Considering that I've been called both a heretic and been insulted because of my gender by a very dogmatic YEC ("that's what you get when a woman starts thinking....")

AND

considering that I've been called a loon for believing in the Bible and God by atheists....(you shouldn't be teaching....they should fire you....")

I would say that it's not necessarilty what you believe that eould determine the welcome :esurprised: :ewink: but by the strength of the arguments.
I think ad hominem attacks are the best indicator that a person has run out of rational discussion. Keep up the good fight. :comeon:

FRDB (formerly IIDB http://www.freeratio.org/vbb/) was the first Forum I ever joined a couple months ago. My screen name is the same there. The amount of name calling is interesting. It actually indicates that many people who call themselves "free-thinkers" are really usually just free to call on any kinds of slander to feel superior. I did find some who were interested in a healthy dialogue, though, just to be fair.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Adam_777 wrote: ... I wouldn't mind sharing my testimony and dialoguing off of it. Where should I put a general discussion like this, if it's welcome?
it is more than welcome, it's encouraged. You can create a new thread in the General Discussion forum and title it pertaining to your testimony.

Looking forward to reading it.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Kewol
Newbie Member

Post by Kewol »

i find this site so interesting and informative... thank you...
Adam_777
Established Member

Post by Adam_777 »

Kewol wrote:i find this site so interesting and informative... thank you...
Is that it? Tell us about yourself. I'm new here too. I'm guessing by your favorite colors that you like Christmas. :D
Cactus
Established Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Cactus »

Hello, I have been visiting the site occasionally. But never the forums, anything you guys need to know?
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Cactus wrote:Hello, I have been visiting the site occasionally. But never the forums, anything you guys need to know?
Anything you care to share (and welcome).

Cactus
Established Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Cactus »

Okay then.

Well I am me.
rodyshusband
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by rodyshusband »

Cactus wrote:Okay then.

Well I am me.
Thank you for sharing this information! :ebiggrin: You are light years ahead of many others.
Welcome!!! :wave:
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer