Christian Music

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Christian Music

Post by DannyM »

Proinsias wrote:Good stuff, more after dancing than dancing music for me.

I'm minimal techno at heart when it comes to dance music.

Is there anyway I can send you a 150mb house mix by Frankie Knuckles over the intertron? If not I may need to rip it and post it, it's that good.
Yeah, I should have added that it's more sunrise music or just relaxing at home music, but soulful House I love. Look up Lady Duracell, she ranges from soulful to funky- if you're interested- she is really good, doing many top clubs in London. You can go onto her site and just download her cd's; I mean, it's almost like theft!

I could never get on with Techno- Trance I liked, unless it got all technoey! Have you heard Ferry Corsten?

Gosh, proinsias, I'd love to receive a bit of Frankie. What do you need, my email? If so just say and I'll put it on here, otherwise let me know what I need to do. I'm not really down with all this interweb business.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

She is a mix between a lhasa apso and a poodle....very cute....great dog, perfect size, about 20 lbs
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

DannyM wrote:Suddenly things have dawned upon me. CS Lewis Lover is a female called Vicky, Gabrielman is called Nathaniel (Top name, Gab), and Zoegirl is called Amy(?). I've been here for a good few months and I only just notice all this? I have been calling Cslewislover "brother" and "boss man" all this time and nobody thought to correct me? I feel like a right berk! And it's nice to see some sort of true love blossoming on here. Real passion in the exchanges between the two. God bless you both.

Hey, it could have been worse. I was calling you sister, thinking your name was Zoe. I mean, you could have been Frank in real life, or something! I'm glad you're Amy, so the 'sister' thing was correct. Could've been another :oops: moment.
Danny, I was really surprised to read that you thought I was a guy. I almost always have feminine avatars, and have a female in the sig . . . lol, and other things. I know Nathaniel thought this was VERY funny!! :pound: I think I only noticed you saying "brother" once, but, I obviously didn't put much thought into it (oh, and early on you gave me a y>:D< , so I thought you thought I was a female from the beginning)!! Anyway, thanks for your blessings. Nathaniel and I did meet and we feel blessed and are planning our future. The Lord bless you too!

PS. I guess I didn't put much thought into the "brother" and whatnot because a lot people use those terms here, but often in a stressful context where I wouldn't use them, so I tend to not pay much attention to those. But calling me "boss man" would be funny, yes. Lol. I guess I'm more "boss ma'am".
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

cslewislover wrote: Danny, I was really surprised to read that you thought I was a guy. I almost always have feminine avatars, and have a female in the sig . . . lol, and other things. I know Nathaniel thought this was VERY funny!! :pound: I think I only noticed you saying "brother" once, but, I obviously didn't put much thought into it (oh, and early on you gave me a y>:D< , so I thought you thought I was a female from the beginning)!! Anyway, thanks for your blessings. Nathaniel and I did meet and we feel blessed and are planning our future. The Lord bless you too!

PS. I guess I didn't put much thought into the "brother" and whatnot because a lot people use those terms here, but often in a stressful context where I wouldn't use them, so I tend to not pay much attention to those. But calling me "boss man" would be funny, yes. Lol. I guess I'm more "boss ma'am".
Yes I found it quite funny!!! :pound: Cause right when I saw her for the first time here I knew she was a woman, lol sorry man, I don't mean to laugh at you but that is funny! And thank you very much for your blessings, Vicki and I are very happy and I am so blessed to be with her, thank you so much for your blessings, may God bless you too!
DannyM wrote: Gab, I think it's actually "When you got what I got what else do you need" but they *are* Christians. Not sure they are a Christian band though mate...Can you give me more info on them?
Well I was para phrasing, but what I was meaning is that when you have God you don't need anything. I will gladly get you more info on them, but give me some time to do it please, okay? I have just gotten over being very sick this week and need some time.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

One more song I like:
Dez Moines By Devil Wears Prada:
Lyrics
Fall to your knees (Accomplish nothing]
Fall to your knees only to excersise your schedule
Abandon calendar
What has come with such preaching is lonliness
Profit: Zero
Achievement: Zero
Foward can't be stopped
It just goes to show that some words are useless
It just goes to show that some words are useless
Take all your medals, take all your ribbons, take all your awards
Take them, take them, back to the ground
Our youth is lost
A product of the created circumstances
All I can say is 'maybe'
Maybe, maybe
All I can say is maybe
This is what I've been expecting all along, all along
Now's the time of weakness, now's the time of blood
Perhaps even the whole-hearted had wished for this
Now's the time of weakness, now's the time of blood
And still the time of lions
Push everything
Force everything
We've all sung of the end, but who truely understands it?
All along, all along
Forward can't be stopped, It just goes to show that some words are useless
Take all your medals, take all your ribbons, take all your awards
Take them back to the ground

Words by, well the band, lol so just to sight my source, it's them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbZNngkoqbs
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

cslewislover wrote:Danny, I was really surprised to read that you thought I was a guy. I almost always have feminine avatars, and have a female in the sig . . . lol, and other things. I know Nathaniel thought this was VERY funny!! :pound: I think I only noticed you saying "brother" once, but, I obviously didn't put much thought into it (oh, and early on you gave me a y>:D< , so I thought you thought I was a female from the beginning)!! Anyway, thanks for your blessings. Nathaniel and I did meet and we feel blessed and are planning our future. The Lord bless you too!
BTW, I've had this avy up, and it's me. All woman! :lol:

Gabrielman wrote:Yes I found it quite funny!!! :pound: Cause right when I saw her for the first time here I knew she was a woman, lol sorry man, I don't mean to laugh at you but that is funny! And thank you very much for your blessings, Vicki and I are very happy and I am so blessed to be with her, thank you so much for your blessings, may God bless you too!

Lol, I couldn't resist. :mrgreen: Hmmmm. I guess this is getting off topic. Ok. This is one of my favorite songs. If it wasn't for one line, it could be mistaken as totally Christian (the "love interest" being Christ)! Life is Like a Boat, by Rie Fu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik8J9L5rJnc
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

zoegirl wrote:She is a mix between a lhasa apso and a poodle....very cute....great dog, perfect size, about 20 lbs
She sounds lovely Zoe.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

cslewislover wrote: Danny, I was really surprised to read that you thought I was a guy. I almost always have feminine avatars, and have a female in the sig . . . lol, and other things. I know Nathaniel thought this was VERY funny!! :pound: I think I only noticed you saying "brother" once, but, I obviously didn't put much thought into it (oh, and early on you gave me a y>:D< , so I thought you thought I was a female from the beginning)!! Anyway, thanks for your blessings. Nathaniel and I did meet and we feel blessed and are planning our future. The Lord bless you too!

:esmile: Don't you remember me calling you Mr. Boss Man when you directed me to the extra smilies- when you asked for a salute? Anyway, for some reason, and despite the avatars- which I noticed- I thought you were a brother. Anyway, my Christian sister, I humbly apologise. Oh, and I have given hugs to Byblos before, so am not afraid to hug a brother. I do feel a bit silly so thanks for your graciousness in seeing a funny side. And again, it was a real pleasure to see the passion between you and Gab in your posts to each other and be a witness to that; it gave me a warm glow.

God bless
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Gabrielman wrote:Yes I found it quite funny!!! :pound: Cause right when I saw her for the first time here I knew she was a woman, lol sorry man, I don't mean to laugh at you but that is funny! And thank you very much for your blessings, Vicki and I are very happy and I am so blessed to be with her, thank you so much for your blessings, may God bless you too!

Well I was para phrasing, but what I was meaning is that when you have God you don't need anything. I will gladly get you more info on them, but give me some time to do it please, okay? I have just gotten over being very sick this week and need some time.
God bless you Gab, I'm happy for you. You strike me as a good guy and you no doubt have met a good woman; I get warm vibes from both of you. It's not easy to meet that special person. I hope you have both achieved that.

On the other thing, Gab, cool!

God bless
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

DannyM wrote: :esmile: Don't you remember me calling you Mr. Boss Man when you directed me to the extra smilies- when you asked for a salute? Anyway, for some reason, and despite the avatars- which I noticed- I thought you were a brother. Anyway, my Christian sister, I humbly apologise. Oh, and I have given hugs to Byblos before, so am not afraid to hug a brother. I do feel a bit silly so thanks for your graciousness in seeing a funny side. And again, it was a real pleasure to see the passion between you and Gab in your posts to each other and be a witness to that; it gave me a warm glow.

God bless
Oh, yes, I do remember! At the time, I just thought you were teasing. Lol. And no need to apologize! I do like to see the funny side of things, and do it all of the time. In fact, when Nathaniel and I got together, I never laughed so hard and so much in my life! Not at him, though, lol. Blessings to you too - thanks!

I guess I should provide the lyrics to that song I linked to above, Life is Like a Boat, in case anyone is interested. Much of it is in Romanji Japanese, lol.

Nobody knows who I really am
I never felt this empty before
And if I ever need someone to come along,
Who's gonna comfort me, and keep me strong?

We are all rowing the boat of fate
The waves keep on coming and we can't escape
But if we ever get lost on our way
The waves would guide you through another day

[Original in Romanji: Far away, I'm breathing, as if I were transparent
It would seem I was in the dark, but I was only blindfolded
I give a prayer as I wait for the new day
Shining vividly up to the edge of that sea]

Nobody knows who I really am
Maybe they just don't give a damn
But if I ever need someone to come along
I know you would follow me, and keep me strong

[Original in Romanji: People's hearts change and sneak away from them
The moon in its new cycle leads the boats again]

And every time I see your face
The ocean heaves up to my heart
You make me wanna strain at the oars, and soon
I can see the shore
Oh, I can see the shore
When will I see the shore?

I want you to know who I really am
I never thought I'd feel this way towards you
And if you ever need someone to come along,
I will follow you, and keep you strong

[Original in Romanji: And still the journey continues on quiet days as well
The moon in its new cycle shines on the boats again
I give a prayer as I wait for the new day
Shining vividly up to the edge of that sea]

And every time I see your face
The ocean heaves up to my heart
You make me wanna strain at the oars, and soon
I can see the shore

[Original in Romanji: We are rowing the boat of fate, but the waves keep attacking us
But isn't that still a wonderful journey? Aren't any of them a wonderful journey?]
robyn hill
Established Member

Post by robyn hill »

First, I just want to say that C.S. Lewis and GabeMan getting together is absolutely the coolest, most romatic, GOD thing I have heard in ages and I think it is so beautiful! C.S. Lewis, your posts are always so gentle, wise and kind. I am so glad you two found each other, please start a new thread called G and C...latest updates :lol: that would be cool though!!! Now, on to music, my faves, and have been for years, are Jennifer Knapp, Bebo Norman, Third Day, Sean McDonald, to name a few. My favorite radio station is Air One, does anyone else get that?? Sean and Mandy in the mornings are hilarious. Anyway, my tunes are mostly ballads and folkish. But love em I do. I heard Toby Mack released a new one today and I heard a couple of songs, it was actually pretty jammin so I might have to give it a try because as of yet, I haven't found any "jammin" Christian music I love...except a few by Third Day. Most of my jams are secular... I am a runner and love good techno to run to.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

DannyM wrote: God bless you Gab, I'm happy for you. You strike me as a good guy and you no doubt have met a good woman; I get warm vibes from both of you. It's not easy to meet that special person. I hope you have both achieved that.

On the other thing, Gab, cool!

God bless
Thanks for your blessings and yes I have meet the best woman alive!!!! :D She is so wonderful and sweet and loving too!!!!
cslewislover wrote:In fact, when Nathaniel and I got together, I never laughed so hard and so much in my life! Not at him, though, lol. Blessings to you too - thanks!
Yes we had so much fun!!!!!!! We laughed so much and I have never been happier!!!
robyn hill wrote:First, I just want to say that C.S. Lewis and GabeMan getting together is absolutely the coolest, most romatic, GOD thing I have heard in ages and I think it is so beautiful! C.S. Lewis, your posts are always so gentle, wise and kind. I am so glad you two found each other, please start a new thread called G and C...latest updates :lol: that would be cool though!!!
LOL about that thread, hm.... maybe we will!! :D
Vicki you are so wonderful and the best woman alive!!!!! I want to dedicate this song to you:
Don't you know you are Beautiful
You are beautiful Vicki and you are worth more to me than all the riches and gold in the world, more precious than diamonds and rubies. You have shown me how to love and have shown me God like I have never seen Him before! You have warmed my cold heart and given me reason to live, I love you more than anyone in this world! :heart: You hold my heart and fill it with love!
robyn hill
Established Member

Post by robyn hill »

Gab and Vicki, Would you two share how you met? Did you happen to live in the same town? It really is awesome and such a blessing, I am so happy for you two. I have read so many of both of your posts and Vicki is so kind and Gab, you are such a gentleman, you two will bless each other.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

robyn hill wrote:First, I just want to say that C.S. Lewis and GabeMan getting together is absolutely the coolest, most romatic, GOD thing I have heard in ages and I think it is so beautiful! C.S. Lewis, your posts are always so gentle, wise and kind. I am so glad you two found each other, please start a new thread called G and C...latest updates :lol: that would be cool though!!!

Gab and Vicki, Would you two share how you met? Did you happen to live in the same town? It really is awesome and such a blessing, I am so happy for you two. I have read so many of both of your posts and Vicki is so kind and Gab, you are such a gentleman, you two will bless each other.
Thanks so much, Robyn!! :esmile: We met here and don't live near each other - yet. And that's all the show-and-tell I'm providing for now! Beautiful things sprout out of fertilized soil, and there is fertilizer involved.
Gabrielman wrote:Thanks for your blessings and yes I have meet the best woman alive!!!! :D She is so wonderful and sweet and loving too!!!!

We laughed so much and I have never been happier!!!

Vicki you are so wonderful and the best woman alive!!!!! I want to dedicate this song to you:

Don't you know you are Beautiful

You are beautiful Vicki and you are worth more to me than all the riches and gold in the world, more precious than diamonds and rubies. You have shown me how to love and have shown me God like I have never seen Him before! You have warmed my cold heart and given me reason to live, I love you more than anyone in this world! :heart: You hold my heart and fill it with love!

:crying: :heart: :crying: :heart: :crying: :heart: And I will continue to hold your heart . . . :sunny:

Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

cslewislover wrote: :crying: :heart: :crying: :heart: :crying: :heart: And I will continue to hold your heart . . . :sunny:
y>:D< :heart: y@};-
robyn hill wrote:Gab and Vicki, Would you two share how you met? Did you happen to live in the same town? It really is awesome and such a blessing, I am so happy for you two. I have read so many of both of your posts and Vicki is so kind and Gab, you are such a gentleman, you two will bless each other.
Yes we meet here, and if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be the man I am today! She is such a blessing to me!!!!!