Flat Earth Theory

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Flat Earth Theory

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Eric i am truly sorry if i have caused any offence in anyway, we may have been childish and hurtful in our approach.
Please accept my humble apology and may you accept it with the peace and love of Christ.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

I just took about an hour to peruse the flat earth site. Some of the prominent posters there, mock flat earthers, in just about every post. I didn't see any proof, or attempts to prove a flat earth. Just a load of garbled posts. It thought that maybe it was a serious site, and I would see an honest attempt to show why they believe in a flat earth. No such luck. I'd really like to hear a good argument for a flat earth. So, all you flat earth lurkers, I'm issuing you a challenge. Is anyone up to it?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
wrain62
Valued Member

Post by wrain62 »

Eric was a troll though...
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

I doubt you will ever meet another flat earther in your entire life time to be honest.....................
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Eric i am truly sorry if i have caused any offence in anyway, we may have been childish and hurtful in our approach.
Please accept my humble apology and may you accept it with the peace and love of Christ.

Dan
DannyM wrote:Yes, courtesy to a new member of the board would be a good start. By “courtesy” I mean not jumping all over a newcomer with mockery. Since I’ve been on this board we’ve regularly taken atheists to task for attempts to mock and ridicule us.

If this is how we do things, why should we consider ourselves any better than the mocking atheist?

As Bart says, it has nothing to do with political correctness, nor is it some wishy-washy pluralism. Attack all you want, but using actual argumentation would be a good idea. After all, isn’t that all we ask of the atheists?
With the Board's new-found sense of Buddhist Christianity where we fall all over ourselves being polite and not wishing to ruffle another's sensibilities, this may be a good time to announce that I've joined a new church: The Church of Jesus Christ of the Aryan Nation. We love everybody, especially white people.

Thanks to all of you in advance for respecting my choice.

FL :guns:
Last edited by Furstentum Liechtenstein on Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
jlay
Ultimate Member

Post by jlay »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

I think eric has left us
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I know .... it's like he dropped off the edge of the world ....

(forgive me .... I'm sorry .... the fruit was hanging there just ripe for the picking and I was weak ....)
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

:clap: y#-o
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
goldmoor
Familiar Member

Post by goldmoor »

one question has any who suport the flat earth theory seen the earth from satelite
for God has not given us a spirit of fear,but power and of love and of a sound mind 2timonthy1:7

he has given us power to overcome any obstacle,love to endured any and all hardship and a sound mind to solve any problem and have peace inside and out so truly what is it that we should fear
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

goldmoor wrote:one question has any who suport the flat earth theory seen the earth from satelite
Goldmoor, according to flat earthers(at least from what I've read), there are no satellites. NASA is a conspiracy, and any pictures from satellites, aren't really from satellites. Tbh, flat earthers, fighting against a spherical earth, aren't much different than atheists fighting against the existence of God. If one doesn't believe in something, why spend so much time fighting against it?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:If one doesn't believe in something, why spend so much time fighting against it?
OK Mister RoundEarth, if you really know the Earth is ball-shaped, why did you post those fake NASA pictures????

Methinks thou dost protest too much.

The Earth is FLat
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
RickD wrote:If one doesn't believe in something, why spend so much time fighting against it?
OK Mister RoundEarth, if you really know the Earth is ball-shaped, why did you post those fake NASA pictures????

Methinks thou dost protest too much.

The Earth is FLat
Didn't you know, it's all part of the propaganda? The round earthers need everyone to believe the earth is round, so we can keep getting our govt funding. Duh!

-Edward R Murrow

Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

this looks like one of the threads from the flat earth society's forum :lol:
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:Didn't you know, it's all part of the propaganda? The round earthers need everyone to believe the earth is round, so we can keep getting our govt funding. Duh!
Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

At least you admit to being part of The Conspiracy. I respect you for that.

FL

+ + +

+ + +