Ron Paul

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Ron Paul

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Gman wrote:It starts at the top then moves to the bottom.
Yes. The Boss establishes the culture of an enterprise and it filters all the way down to the guys who load the trucks and sweep the floors. Big or small, this is how things work. Even in God's economy, this is how He's established it.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

It starts at the top then moves to the bottom.
That's a frightening thought...Are you seriously suggesting the government should force everyone to hate Muslims and Mormons while forcing donations and love for Israel? So much for freedom...
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Yes. The Boss establishes the culture of an enterprise and it filters all the way down to the guys who load the trucks and sweep the floors. Big or small, this is how things work. Even in God's economy, this is how He's established it.

FL
FL, practically speaking, what does this mean?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Ivellious wrote:
It starts at the top then moves to the bottom.
That's a frightening thought...Are you seriously suggesting the government should force everyone to hate Muslims and Mormons while forcing donations and love for Israel? So much for freedom...

Not the people, the doctrine... Which is thoroughly corrupt and easily refuted.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Ivellious »

But you still advocate for the government licking the boots of a corrupt Israeli state?
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Ivellious wrote:But you still advocate for the government licking the boots of a corrupt Israeli state?
Why don't you find another forum to post your anti-Jewish rhetoric somewhere else?

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Ivellious »

I am not anti Jewish. I am not a fan of the greedy people (who happen to be Jews) that run Israel. I disapprove of them taking so much wealth for themselves and not spreading its benefits to their own people. But to take that and say I hate all Jews is like saying that I hate Christians because I disagree with Catholic priests raping young boys. I disagree with the few people who abuse their power in Israel, not the religion and everyone that is a part of it.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Ivellious wrote:I am not anti Jewish. I am not a fan of the greedy people (who happen to be Jews) that run Israel. I disapprove of them taking so much wealth for themselves and not spreading its benefits to their own people. But to take that and say I hate all Jews is like saying that I hate Christians because I disagree with Catholic priests raping young boys. I disagree with the few people who abuse their power in Israel, not the religion and everyone that is a part of it.
You have no proof for any of your claims biased on emotion.. Your hatred of the land of Israel and the Jews that call it their home is evident.

How did Israel become wealthy? They did it on pure brain power and G-d's blessings within just a few years... In other words they WORKED for it. And they did it under gun fire...

Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Ivellious »

I agree, Israel has a booming economy fueled by advancements in their technology field, which was fueled by a half century of generous gifts from the US and UN. So, I ask again, why must we continue to spoon-feed them cash if their economy is so robust? Shouldn't we worry about our own economic woes if Israel is so economically powerful? And, for the record, Israel's distribution of wealth is as bad as the United States; the very few rich are incredibly rich, the poor are incredibly poor, and the middle class is shrinking. And when they get handed money, it foes to the rich people running the technology and natural gas companies, not the poor who need it. That's why I disagree with continuing to hand money to them. Trade is good, but they no longer need our handouts, especially since we need all the financial help we can get.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Ivellious wrote:I agree, Israel has a booming economy fueled by advancements in their technology field, which was fueled by a half century of generous gifts from the US and UN.
Well it's very evident you haven't studied our relationship with Israel.. First off, they are not exactly generous compared to the other surrounding countries. Secondly, many counties invest in Israel for their own benefit, namely new technologies, agriculture and other scientific studies.

More here:
http://www.investinisrael.gov.il/NR/exe ... 823FF6.htm

"According to the WEF 2008-2009 Competitiveness Report, Israel has the 5th highest number of patents pending in the world and ranks 6th in technological innovation. Israel also ranks 3rd in quality of scientific research institutions."
Ivellious wrote:ISo, I ask again, why must we continue to spoon-feed them cash if their economy is so robust?
Read the site above... There is more here..

http://seekingalpha.com/article/202332- ... -in-israel
Ivellious wrote:Shouldn't we worry about our own economic woes if Israel is so economically powerful?
What does that have to do with anything?
Ivellious wrote:And, for the record, Israel's distribution of wealth is as bad as the United States; the very few rich are incredibly rich, the poor are incredibly poor, and the middle class is shrinking. And when they get handed money, it foes to the rich people running the technology and natural gas companies, not the poor who need it. That's why I disagree with continuing to hand money to them. Trade is good, but they no longer need our handouts, especially since we need all the financial help we can get
Again... Israel hardly get's anything compared to it's surrounding neighbors which use their money mostly to destroy Israel.

Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Ivellious »

I don't care if private millionaire investors give money to Israeli corporations. That's their business, and has no economic impact on me, 99% of the US, or 99% of the Israeli citizens. I'm advocating for our government to stop handing over free money to Israel's government for no tangible reason (other than because we've been doing it for 50 years prior...). And for the record, we don't hand free money to the surrounding Middle Easter nations. We trade with them. Big difference. One is great and can benefit both parties. The other hurts one while helping the other.

And the reason that the US's economy is involved is because I disagree with playing the global benefactor role when we can't even feed our own lower class properly. My point is, if Israel's economy is so awesome because of their own ability (as you point out), what is the purpose of us giving them more? Especially since we need that money to aid our own people at the moment! A government needs to be more concerned with its own people than the governments halfway across the planet.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Ivellious wrote:I don't care if private millionaire investors give money to Israeli corporations. That's their business, and has no economic impact on me, 99% of the US, or 99% of the Israeli citizens. I'm advocating for our government to stop handing over free money to Israel's government for no tangible reason (other than because we've been doing it for 50 years prior...).
Mainly to provide stability in the region so that crazy people like the Iranian president doesn't get control over the other Arab states... Also almost all U.S. aid to Israel is now in the form of military assistance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel%E2% ... _relations
Ivellious wrote:And for the record, we don't hand free money to the surrounding Middle Easter nations. We trade with them. Big difference. One is great and can benefit both parties. The other hurts one while helping the other.
That is baloney... You don't think we give money to the PA?
Ivellious wrote:And the reason that the US's economy is involved is because I disagree with playing the global benefactor role when we can't even feed our own lower class properly. My point is, if Israel's economy is so awesome because of their own ability (as you point out), what is the purpose of us giving them more? Especially since we need that money to aid our own people at the moment! A government needs to be more concerned with its own people than the governments halfway across the planet.
Again.. We provide some money to them so that the region remains safe..

Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Ivellious »

You want me to provide evidence, but you blindly say that we can assume the other Middle Eastern countries are getting secret money under the table? Evidence, please. And how does providing money to "defend" Israel make anything safer? More people die, more people feel threatened...fueling violence isn't the answer.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

RickD wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:

FL
FL, practically speaking, what does this mean?
For example, it means that if the Big Boss uses intimidation to manage, intimidation will be the style of management for the whole company. Senior management, middle management, supervisors will all end up using some form of intimidation in dealing with underlings. Trust & respect will produce a different culture if the Big Boss uses these.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

santorum for presidet
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte