inspired or dictated?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: inspired or dictated?

Post by B. W. »

1stjohn0666 wrote:The great doctrines of the bible are without error and in teaching they never contradict. Now as for small "details" there are discrepancies between one writer and another. There are people who hold to absolutely without error and if one finds an error or is approached with one, that person feels as if the bible has one single error then the entire bible is is all in error.
Okay, but you are relying on human interpretations nevertheless and your POV (Point of View) holds true only producing way too many contradictions in you pov bible interpretations’.

Next, you still not define the following that I asked you

--Who and what is the Spirit of God to you...

--A personality?

--A force of mere action, will, (power) from God?

As on the other thread –

-- Jesus save us from Past sins only?

--Did Jesus save us from present sin only?

--Did Jesus save us from future sins only?

This has everything to do with inspired or dictated

Note: People use the same terms but do not mean the same thing by the terms so (please) clearly define and explain what you mean so people can dialogue with you…
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
1stjohn0666
Valued Member
Sex: Male

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

I stumbled across a nice link:
http://godandson.reslighttt.netttth/?p=980
About salvation, past, present, and future. It seems to me that your asking if I subscribe to "once saved always saved" the answer is NO.
Just asking Jesus to be Lord is not enough to "get saved" (If I can use that term) being saved is living a holy life, not that we are going to sin from time to time (we are). James says "faith without works is dead" Certainly we are saved by grace, we maintain faith and except Christ as Lord. (The bible never says that we have to believe Jesus is God to be saved) that comes from the post biblical Creeds. We are not saved by works, but having faith produces works. I believe that you can be saved and fall away. "there will be many to fall from the faith" 1 Tim 4:1 I believe you can come back. Some will say "They were not saved in the first place" I find this to be untrue, and see that person judging "for" God.
Last edited by 1stjohn0666 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

John, are you going to address the questions that are asked of you?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

I just did
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

1stjohn0666 wrote:I just did
Thank you finally for your link so other may know what Restoration Light Bible Study Services are and who puts these out here is the info below:

Restoration Light Bible Study Services

An array of treatises on Biblical topics; Zion's Watch Tower (1879-1916);

resources concerning Charles Taze Russell.

(Added: Thu Jan 01 2004) ID 5555

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Taze_Russell

http://ctr.reslight.net/?p=499

So you are a restorted JW john 666?
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

The link I got if you noticed the site states that they are not affiliated with the Jehovahs Witnesses organization. I used the site for a better way to answer a question without my own words. I like the JW teaching of one God, but I don't agree with Jesus being the archangel Michael. I am not JW or a sub-form.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

1stjohn0666 wrote:The link I got if you noticed the site states that they are not affiliated with the Jehovahs Witnesses organization. I used the site for a better way to answer a question without my own words. I like the JW teaching of one God, but I don't agree with Jesus being the archangel Michael. I am not JW or a sub-form.

The teach the same things in a Restored Fashion meaning they remove things and add things to a founders writings and teachings to make it more fashionable - that is all.

Error is still error no matter who teaches it...

You are still in a Cult
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

what cult do I belong to? I don't subscribe to "mainstream Christianity" as per I don't buy into a post biblical ideology.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

1stjohn0666 wrote:what cult do I belong to? I don't subscribe to "mainstream Christianity" as per I don't buy into a post biblical ideology.
If you don't believe Jesus Christ is God, then your belief is cultic:What is the definition of a cult?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

I am Christian, Living Hope ministries is the church I like. We don't subscribe to the trinity theory, which is a post biblical idea.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

1stjohn0666 wrote:I am Christian, Living Hope ministries is the church I like. We don't subscribe to the trinity theory, which is a post biblical idea.
There are many Ministries that go by the same name - does the one you go to have a website? Vince Finnagan who formed a splinter group from the WAY International?

For example this one: http://lhim.org/aboutus/statementofbeliefs.php

http://www.empirenet.com/~messiah7/tw_s ... groups.htm
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

1stjohn0666 wrote:I am Christian, Living Hope ministries is the church I like. We don't subscribe to the trinity theory, which is a post biblical idea.
The trinity is not a post biblical idea. The word, "trinity" is used to describe what is already in scripture.

-Edward R Murrow

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

RickD wrote:
The trinity is not a post biblical idea. The word, "trinity" is used to describe what is already in scripture.
So Rcik if this Living Hope ministriesis linked to Vince Finnegan group and John Lynn then these are splinter groups from The WAY International...

http://www.empirenet.com/~messiah7/tw_s ... groups.htm
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

1stjohn0666 wrote:what cult do I belong to? I don't subscribe to "mainstream Christianity" as per I don't buy into a post biblical ideology.
The view that Jesus was NOT created and is of the same nature as God is from the writings of Paul and John ( primarily) and since they wrote BEFORE the NT as we know it came to be, then any view AFTER theirs would be "post apostolic" and any views after the canon was confirmed, those would be "post biblical".
1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

Ilike Vince Finnegan.