What is God's purpose?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Poetic_Soul
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by Poetic_Soul »

I believe that Gods purpose is to get us from point a to z. Whether through trials and tribulations or blessings and setbacks. The bottom line is to identify His love for us. His purpose is to keep you on track and in the right direction. To understand the love connection that we have with Him. Example: A mother and a unborn are attached by the imbilical cord. Thus the unborn is fed and grows by the physical connection through the mother. Now we need a spiritual connection to God in the same sense. And that connection is supplied through Christ.

Think about it. Many people are connected to an addiction in some form or fashion. Sex, drugs, food material things and so forth. Once we fully understand our purpose that God has for us, then we can only get a glimse of what Gods purpose is;...and that is to express His love and continue to save the lost.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Once we fully understand our purpose that God has for us, then we can only get a glimse of what Gods purpose is;...and that is to express His love and continue to save the lost.
If one is careful to discreen a beings purpose by looking at its designated task, it becomes apparent that gods purpose is to take care of humans.
So instead of us being god's slave, its the other way round, god is the slave of the human (mind, desire etc...).
Dont you guys find it rather coincidental that what god promise us is what we desire most ?
Is it possible for any of you to love your god if he was unrequisiting(ie no heaven)?
Poetic_Soul
Established Member

Post by Poetic_Soul »

Nameless;....regardless if there is a heaven or not. The reality is that God wants mankind back to its original state. And that is HOLY. I stand firm on the fact that God purpose is expressing his love. We just so happen to be on the receiving end on His love and purpose. That's if we accept that love.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

hermit,

i found something: God decided to give us life through the word of truth so we might be the most important of all the things he made. (James 1:18 ) (NCV).

i think in most versions most important is translated as firstfruits, but this also implies "the best."
what made you decide to be a christian...
i used to be a miserable, evil person :twisted: . i saw the passion when it came out and it moved me greatly. shortly after seeing it i decided to try what i'd heard so many christians say to do: i got down on my knees and begged God for forgiveness and pleaded that he enter my life and take control of it. he did. so incredibly and powerfully. i am an entirely different person. it's awesome. :D
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Colors, we praise God for your new faith. :D
Poetic_Soul
Established Member

Post by Poetic_Soul »

I co-sign with August.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

nameless wrote:
Once we fully understand our purpose that God has for us, then we can only get a glimse of what Gods purpose is;...and that is to express His love and continue to save the lost.
If one is careful to discreen a beings purpose by looking at its designated task, it becomes apparent that gods purpose is to take care of humans.
So instead of us being god's slave, its the other way round, god is the slave of the human (mind, desire etc...).
Dont you guys find it rather coincidental that what god promise us is what we desire most ?
Is it possible for any of you to love your god if he was unrequisiting(ie no heaven)?
God is not the slave, he is the master.
We are the ones who ahve to earn our place in eternity.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I stand firm on the fact that God purpose is expressing his love. We just so happen to be on the receiving end on His love and purpose. That's if we accept that love.
if your statement is equivalent to God's purpose is expressing his love for humans then its actually the same with my statement that God's purpose is to serve human.
God is not the slave, he is the master.
We are the ones who ahve to earn our place in eternity.
Well, the earning process is contrived yet again by the human mind. This is because potraying god as master does wonder in bringing about social security. therefore infact the 'earning' has nothing to do with god, but only serves to better the social order of the ancient times. In no era has god not serve to wheath man's desire.

Also dont you guys ever wonder about the contradicting nature of god.
here is one example.

God is omnipotent etc...yet he has interest which are not unlike human.
For me, its like a human who likes to do things that pigs do. I hope this is not taken offensively... but the analogy is very apt.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

nameless wrote:Also dont you guys ever wonder about the contradicting nature of god.
here is one example.

God is omnipotent etc...
Well to someone with their mind made up, who is looking for reasons to dismiss God or Christianity, the responses to any "apparent" contradiction in God's omni characteristics would be overlooked. Thus, the many satisfying responses that can stem back quite some centuries, which reveal no contradiction in God's nature, often goes ignored. And so the only contradiction that remains, is the one that exists in such a person's mind.

Kurieuo.
Last edited by Kurieuo on Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Kurieuo wrote:
nameless wrote:Also dont you guys ever wonder about the contradicting nature of god.
here is one example.

God is omnipotent etc...
Well to someone with their mind made up, and so looking for reasons to dismiss God or Christianity, that the responses to any "apparent" contradiction in God's omni characteristics would be overlooked. Thus, the many satisfying responses that can stem back quite some centuries, which reveal no contradiction in God's nature, often goes ignored. And so the only contradiction that remains, is the one that exists in such a person's mind.

Kurieuo.
If someone has already made up their minds , and the only thing they can do is try and pull God down why do they bother participating on a christian message board? Vest way to discredit god is to limit his power, but that contradicts the Almighty God we Christians believe in.
I have made up my mind about god and I would not go to an aithiest mb, each to their own as long as it is no harm to anyone.
My faith is strong enough to withstand this, but I know a few baby christians who don't have the faith I do. the only reason I have this faith is because i have experienced god in my life.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

You don't seem to understand the Jew's during the "Ancient Times". Seriously to make your statements valid you would have to study the history of the Old Testament and the people at that time.
You can't just make an overloaded statement like that as it stenches with the atheist religion or philosophy or whatever YOU want to call it.

we are slaves to God or Christ, because anything we do against Him will only hurt us. God can destroy the soul and body of a man through his shear will and when Judgment time comes around, that's exactly what He will do to some.

The Master punishes the slave, not the other way around.

God seeks to befriend his Creation, if you made a Robot would you not interact with it, fix it when it broke, protect it from damage etc.
God does the same except on a much bigger scale and he does that to those who follow him and are brought to him through Lord Jesus Christ.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

I know what Gods purpose is

it's to sort the sheep from the goats :P

as any good shepard would :lol:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I don't think there would be sheep or goats if God didn't have a purpose in the first place :wink: