Manna

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
stuartcr
Valued Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Manna

Post by stuartcr »

Byblos wrote:
stuartcr wrote:
Byblos wrote:
stuartcr wrote:I realize I can be wrong, that is why I ask. I ask, because I do not believe in this providential act.
Are there any acts/miracles you believe to be providential?
None that I can think of.
Then why are you wasting our time asking about manna?
Why do you consider my asking about something in the bible as a waste of time? Do you believe Jonah was really swallowed by a sea creature for 3 days and then spit up and lived? Is it a waste of your time to answer that?
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:
you said that I have got a ways to go to get a very large effect on my belief
but there's nothing unfortunate about this stuart, the longer your on the road ( got a ways to go ) the more opportunity, in both time and place God has to make contact. It's actually an experience to look forward to ! Be excited, not concerned. :esmile:
Your statement sounds as if you think I do not believe in God. If I am correct, why would you think that?
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Your statement sounds as if you think I do not believe in God. If I am correct, why would you think that?
two things here... first, I don't know if you believe in God or not. The reference was made to you as to anyone who is as yet undecided in anything that requires more thought and contemplation. Your have a ways to go is not a bad thing... and if it is then I'm in trouble too.

secondly, your av description says you are not Christian, so it may be that's why some might think that you don't believe. Do you believe in God ?.
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

two things here... first, I don't know if you believe in God or not. The reference was made to you as to anyone who is as yet undecided in anything that requires more thought and contemplation. Your have a ways to go is not a bad thing... and if it is then I'm in trouble too.

secondly, your av description says you are not Christian, so it may be that's why some might think that you don't believe. Do you believe in God ?.
What makes you think I'm undecided in anything that requires more thought and contemplation? Yes
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

What makes you think I'm undecided in anything that requires more thought and contemplation? Yes
When you posted:
I can only speak for myself when I say it would have a very large effect on my belief, if it is something that can be reproduced.
I thought you were saying here "If I could reproduce the substance it would have a very large effect on my belief" (in God via a manna substance reproduction substantiated miracle)

if this is the case then you do have more to contemplate because there can be no actual reproduction of the Manna to have a very large effect on my belief I would assume this is also true of all other miracles IYO ?

is the Yes at the end of your post affirming belief in God, to the last question in my last post ?
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

I say that because I do not want to offend people by saying I just do not believe them. Yes, I believe in God.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

Stuart, don't be afraid of offending people.
I would be more frightened of not!
What I mean by that is, call it as you see it.
People will deal with it however they will but your gotta be honest with yourself
I aplogise if I seemed flippant in your posts here.
I guess when we are dealing with something that happened thousands of years ago, we just don't have any answers apart from, it just happened.
Miraculously
Yes it's hard for us to get our heads around it.
That kinda stuff doesn't happen every day, hence the term miraculous.

I am going out on a limb here when I say no christian ever could reconcile every piece of scripture with perfect clarity in complete honesty and understanding under every application.
But the great news is;
We don't have too
Those few lines 'yes I believe in God'
Transcends everything
Impeccable theology doesn't save us
But rather sometimes a pretty imperfect faith.
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

WRT line6, I think it would be more accurate to say, "I believe it happened', instead of it just happened.

Saying I believe in God doesn't transcend everything. People of differing religions say they believe in God, but obviously that does not transcend everything.

Yes, I believe in God, but not everything in the bible or other religious writings.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

So I take it your belief in God must be very loosely based.
You are on Muslim and Hindu forums?
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

melanie wrote:So I take it your belief in God must be very loosely based.
You are on Muslim and Hindu forums?
My belief in God is not based on anything. I figure I believe in God because that's how I was made.
No
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

I believe in God because that's how I was made.
You believe you were created ?
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

I believe in God because that's how I was made.
You believe you were created ?
What do you mean by created?
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

well, you said I believe in God because that's how I was made

so I thought since you used the word "made" it sounded like you might believe in a maker ?
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:well, you said I believe in God because that's how I was made

so I thought since you used the word "made" it sounded like you might believe in a maker ?
Yeah, God. I do not know what you are wanting from me.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

If you believe in God do you also believe he intervenes in this world or not?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart