Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Cactus
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Cactus »

chrisb472 wrote:So lets bring joy to each other. :amen:
What a wonderful thing to say, I can say 'so be it'(basically the meaning of "amen" am I rite?) as well!

Anyway welcome! :)
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

Always a good and worthwhile goal
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
ugo
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by ugo »

Hi All

I am from sunny Australia and have been trekking blogs and forums for a few years now. I came upon this one by accident and it looks really good. So here I am and away we go.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Hi Ugo - that's an interesting user name, lol.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Cactus
Established Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Cactus »

ugo wrote:Hi All

I am from sunny Australia and have been trekking blogs and forums for a few years now. I came upon this one by accident and it looks really good. So here I am and away we go.
Hello go, I had a look at your profile... We will respect and listen to you, if you do the same for us :)

Anyway welcome to the site. Cheers. :wave:
ugo
Familiar Member

Post by ugo »

HI Cactus

Are you a prickly character. Its not because of your name but your introduction to me. I checjked uout your profile...but if you respect us we will do same back.

It sounds like there is something in my profile that got you spooked. I actually do not think occurred but the way you wrote your welcome does. I shoot straiht but will not offend. A little more about myself. I work full time in a Christian School but our enrolements are 30% Christian only. The staff are all Christian. I also volunteer and work in Prisons with Prison Fellowship. I play soccer inside and and then we have lunch with the guys and get to know them and sometimes we have a chance to witness to them. Afterwards more soccer. Its great. I have a wonderful wife and two kids. Praise God.

God bless.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Hey Ugo. So what does your name mean? "You Go"?

I believe Cactus wrote what he did because you have on your profile that you're a young earth creationist. Many of those end up leaving! But I hope you don't. y>:D<

Your work and everything sound great. Again, welcome!!
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
ugo
Familiar Member

Post by ugo »

Hello Cs

Thanks for the heads up.
Yes, I enjoy his work too, both his theology and his stories such as Narnia.

Interesting that the young earthers leave often. I may too but I do not think for the same reasons. Maybe too busy or not stimulated enough but not because of any division or annoyance. We may be divided on some doctrine but we are united in Christ, that He covered our sins, died for us, was ressurrected and sits at the right hand of the Father. He is Gods Son and will return in the twinkling of an eye so be ever ready.
I see where Christian Evolutionist come from, I once was. The more I know about the Bible the more I come to the conclusion that Genesis 1-11 is literal. The more I know about science and the new science coming in too, the more I see it fits in with Genesis. I do not think we Christians study Genesis enough. I am not just talking about creationist verse evo stuff either. Jesus is in every page and every word. For example, Adam and Eve tried to cover themselves, the first Religion. God said He would cover them and used animal skin. I will use conjecture here that he got the skin from an innocent animal. Innocent blood was spilt to cover them. Sounds like the same thing God did when He sent Jesus.
ugo
Familiar Member

Post by ugo »

Hi again CS

Oh yes, I forgot.
The name ugo-You go refers to Jesus Command to go out into the world and .....
So it becomes personal You-go(ugo) out into the world and make disciples etc....

cheers

Ugo
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

ugo wrote:The name ugo-You go refers to Jesus Command to go out into the world and .....
So it becomes personal You-go(ugo) out into the world and make disciples etc....
Yay, I guessed! Amazing, I'll have to pat myself on the back. Lol.
ugo wrote:Yes, I enjoy his work too, both his theology and his stories such as Narnia.
Yay again!
Jesus is in every page and every word. For example, Adam and Eve tried to cover themselves, the first Religion. God said He would cover them and used animal skin. I will use conjecture here that he got the skin from an innocent animal. Innocent blood was spilt to cover them. Sounds like the same thing God did when He sent Jesus.
That is very observant; I love it.

~ Vicki
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

ugo wrote:HI Cactus

Are you a prickly character. Its not because of your name but your introduction to me. I checjked uout your profile...but if you respect us we will do same back.

It sounds like there is something in my profile that got you spooked. I actually do not think occurred but the way you wrote your welcome does. I shoot straiht but will not offend. A little more about myself. I work full time in a Christian School but our enrolements are 30% Christian only. The staff are all Christian. I also volunteer and work in Prisons with Prison Fellowship. I play soccer inside and and then we have lunch with the guys and get to know them and sometimes we have a chance to witness to them. Afterwards more soccer. Its great. I have a wonderful wife and two kids. Praise God.

God bless.
Yay!!, another CHristian school teacher!!!
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

ugo wrote:Hello Cs

Thanks for the heads up.
Yes, I enjoy his work too, both his theology and his stories such as Narnia.

Interesting that the young earthers leave often. I may too but I do not think for the same reasons. Maybe too busy or not stimulated enough but not because of any division or annoyance. We may be divided on some doctrine but we are united in Christ, that He covered our sins, died for us, was ressurrected and sits at the right hand of the Father. He is Gods Son and will return in the twinkling of an eye so be ever ready.
I see where Christian Evolutionist come from, I once was. The more I know about the Bible the more I come to the conclusion that Genesis 1-11 is literal. The more I know about science and the new science coming in too, the more I see it fits in with Genesis. I do not think we Christians study Genesis enough. I am not just talking about creationist verse evo stuff either. Jesus is in every page and every word. For example, Adam and Eve tried to cover themselves, the first Religion. God said He would cover them and used animal skin. I will use conjecture here that he got the skin from an innocent animal. Innocent blood was spilt to cover them. Sounds like the same thing God did when He sent Jesus.
Yes, I've heard this too, that this represents the first blood sacrifice.
Mrs K
Familiar Member

Post by Mrs K »

Hi! :wave:

Long time reader/scanner, newbie poster...

I'm another Aussie - wife, mum (DD1 & another gestating), part-time computer nerd...

I actually had an account here years ago, back when this forum was rife with athiests - but thought I'd start afresh with a new nick.

Anyhoo... will see ya'll around :ewink:
Cross.eyed
Valued Member

Post by Cross.eyed »

Hi MrsK :wave:
I don't know what it was like when you were here before,
but now, it seems the atheists don't hang around very long.

Welcome.
I am the wretch the song refers to.
lilbassist93
Familiar Member

Post by lilbassist93 »

Hi everyone! Im from California and i found this site when i was having doubts and it has helped me a lot. :ebiggrin: