Shroud of Turin

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
DRDS
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Shroud of Turin

Post by DRDS »

Ok, I need to exercise a demon here :twisted: ! OK! Now we are at six hundred and sixty SEVEN replies in this epic thread! :ebiggrin:
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

DRDS wrote:Ok, I need to exercise a demon here :twisted: ! OK! Now we are at six hundred and sixty SEVEN replies in this epic thread! :ebiggrin:
Hehe bro, Whew. I dont like the triple 6 number either.
Sorry I havent been that active, this flu has been a stubborn one. Happy thanksgiving to you bro and to everyone here.
Gonna Gorge on some nice turkey, wanted the smoked ham but Turkey is ok also hehe
God bless u all :)
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Just to add to the last few comments and to echo Rick.
I never really put much thought into the shroud and this thread really brought home how truly fascinating it is.
Regardless of how one interprets the facts, it is clear the shroud is something quite out of the ordinary.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Yes, Bippy has really done an excellent job explaining about the Shroud. We all owe him a lot of thanks.

(And Bip, I sent you a PM a couple of weeks back - hope you got it).
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Yes Bippy. Thank you for all the work you've put into this subject. :D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Welcome guys, but the real credit goes to the sturp team for all the research they did and for guys like Stephen Jones for his endless research on the shroud and all you guys here who have also gone through the research to keep me on my toes :mrgreen:
Scrupulosity can be a drag most of the time but it sure helped me with my research on the shroud.
We have all participated in getting this thread hot :)
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

WannaLearn wrote:k, thanks
Hey Wanna Learn, there is alot of info on the shroud and at times it can be overwhelming but hang in there my friend.
Here is a good video here that will give you some general information on what historians and scientists have found so far concerning the shroud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcKTkjWkqEU

But my favorite shroud blog is Stephen Jones blog here http://theshroudofturin.blogspot.com/
He is tireless in his shroud research. All I ask is that you or anyone else that visits the site to keep his wife Rosemary who has MS in your prayers.

Also look through DRDS's video links, he usually is on top of anything that comes out on the shroud. He is starting to approach me in ocd'sh shroud research :mrgreen:
and of course my favorite appologetics guy Gary Habermas (who I hope to go fishing with one day, even though I never fished in my life lol)
http://www.garyhabermas.com/articles/J_ ... icance.htm

I see that your 15 and its awesome that your learning about the shroud at your age.
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Philip wrote:Yes, Bippy has really done an excellent job explaining about the Shroud. We all owe him a lot of thanks.

(And Bip, I sent you a PM a couple of weeks back - hope you got it).
Philip, I didnt receive it. It must not have gone through :(
Could you send it again my friend?
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Silvertusk wrote:Welcome back bippy.
Thanks Silver, sorry I responded so slow. We are trying to get everything right to get my mom into the hyperbaric Chamber, and then hope and pray for a Christmas miracle. Just to hear her speak again would bring so much joy to my heart.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

I'll pray for your Mom bippy. My best wishes to you and your family...and its nice to see you post. :wave:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Hi, Bip - I'll try to see if I can resurrect my PM to you. Will definitely be praying for your mom!

Philip
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Thank you Neo and Philip.
We can't seem to find a hyperbaric chamber that has a endotracheal tube opening for my mom.
She had a rough day today as they said she needed a blood transfusion but my dad told me its not that bad.
I won't stop praying until The Lord feels its her time, I won't give up hope.
You guys are such a blessing , I can't begin to thank you both enough for your prayers. They are worth more than all the gold on earth :)
God bless
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Breaking news: shroud to be shown on public display for 45 days in 2015.
High Five for Russ Breault for getting the news out :mrgreen:

http://www.sindone.org/the_holy_shroud_ ... hroud.html

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/12/04/br ... s-in-2015/
Breaking News: The Shroud of Turin Will Go On Public Display in Turin, Italy for 45 Days in 2015

The Custodian of the Shroud at the Vatican has announced today that the Shroud will go on public display in 2015 in Turin, Italy for 45 days between the Easter season starting in mid-April 2015 until August 16, 2015.

The last time the Shroud went on public display was in 2010 and two million pilgrims got to see the most sacred relic in all of Christianity.

My husband and I were among those millions, and it was an experience of a lifetime.

The Shroud of Turin continues to baffle science, for there is no explanation how the image of a crucified man was formed on the cloth separate from the blood stains.

More intriguing, the marks on the crucified man accurately reflect the flogging and crucifixion wounds of Jesus Christ as told in the Bible accounts. Furthermore, the image itself is made from a material that science can not explain.

OK, I admit it — I am a Shroud groupie, (known as a Shroud-ee.)

And for this breaking Shroud news I must give a big hat-tip to Russ Breault who is one of the world’s foremost experts on the Shroud and runs www.ShroudEncounter.com.

Russ, I might add, contacted me after someone passed along to him my July, 2012 Shroud piece linked to above, that discusses the 3D modeling of the Shroud face.

Russ appeared in and was a consultant on the History Channel documentary, The Real Face of Jesus?

Since 2010, that 3-D modeling presentation has been a huge hit on the History Channel and is replayed every year on numerous occasions.
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Looks like the exact date hasn't been set yet but they said it would be for 45 days between Easter and August .

http://youtu.be/Zs9gHMXm5To
DRDS
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by DRDS »

Here is a rather new presentation on the Shroud on a EWTN show last month. It features Barrie Schwortz so you know it will be good. Here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIUDaMatODM