RTB: Serious Problems with Evolution

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: RTB: Serious Problems with Evolution

Post by abelcainsbrother »

RickD wrote:
neo-x wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:Catholic or Protestant I have already refuted evolution.
Such a shame you didn't get a Nobel for it.
And everybody else has refuted the Gap Theory.

:lol:
You really think so? I don't see how. I mean I know they don't believe it,but refuted it?
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
neo-x wrote:

You really think so? I don't see how. I mean I know they don't believe it,but refuted it?
You haven't disproven Evolution.

Refuted means to have proven wrong. You certainly haven't proven evolution wrong. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
neo-x wrote:

Refuted means to have proven wrong. You certainly haven't proven evolution wrong. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
I'm talking about refuting it. I already know refuting it doesn't mean its going to be dropped anytime soon. All I've been trying to do is explain and show why I reject evolution. I have not been refuted on any of my points,everything thing that was brought up concerning evolution I showed how I was right.It is just proving normal variation amongst a population and using this for evidence life evolves. If normal variation in reproduction is evolution,I don't see how,and it is'nt,there is much more to evolution than just proving that.

It is very tricky what they are doing to push evolution. It can be hard to break it down but I try to simplify it and make it easier to see what they are doing. It used to be that when I debated evolution they would post evidence for evolution for you and then I could explain how the evidence does not back up what they are saying and I could show how it backs up the reasons why I say it is only demonstrating normal variation amongst a population and I could point out this is not evidence life evolves.

I think the key to rejecting evolution is realizing that it is not so important that life cannot breed like evolutionists believe because it does not lead to evolution at all,like they think,it still produces normal variation amongst a population based on what they can breed with,so that whether they can or cannot breed you still only get normal variation amongst a population and so this is what I mean when I say that they are using normal variation amongst a population for evidence life evolves. And this is not evidence life evolves.

You cannot use for evidence life evolves the very same thing Charles Darwin used to convince people his theory has merit and that is variation with his finches. You cannot use variation 150 years later and claim life evolves and yet this is exactly what they are doing,while making up myths about not being able to breed and what it leads to.

Here is a quote from Charles Darwin when he was trying to convince people that his theory had merit: "If,then,animals and plants do vary,let it be ever so slightly,why should not variations or individual differences,which are in anyway beneficial,be preserved and accumulated through natural selection?". So this is why evolutionists cannot use normal variation amongst a population for evidence life evolves,yet this is exactly what evolutionists are doing for evidence life evolves. This is why both micro-evolution and macro-evolution are myths because both only prove normal variation amongst a population.

If life does evolve like evolutionists believe? Then by the scientific method they should have produced evidence confirming Charles Darwin correct,but instead they are still using the same evidence Charles Darwin gave for evidence to convince people his theory had merit.It is assuming life evolves based on the very same presuppositions of Darwin based on variation. So that science has not even come close to demonstrating life indeed does evolve.

This is just normal reproduction,really,when you break it all down so that evolutionists are claiming life evolves based on just reproduction. I know it is shocking,but true nonetheless.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
neo-x wrote: Such a shame you didn't get a Nobel for it.

I'm talking about refuting it. I already know refuting it doesn't mean its going to be dropped anytime soon. All I've been trying to do is explain and show why I reject evolution. I have not been refuted on any of my points,everything thing that was brought up concerning evolution I showed how I was right.It is just proving normal variation amongst a population and using this for evidence life evolves. If normal variation in reproduction is evolution,I don't see how,and it is'nt,there is much more to evolution than just proving that.
You must have a black belt in the art of self-delusion.
:boxing: :warmup: :bindfold:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote: And everybody else has refuted the Gap Theory.

Nah! People don't take the time to look into evolution to see that you are right. It is just easier to ignore it and keep believing it.I challenge people to examine the evidence used for evidence in evolution science and they'll realize I'm right,if they are honest with their self.It kinda requires homework although they really should already know about evidence if they accept evolution.I'm telling them the truth about evolution but it is up to them to put it together to realize I'm right.

bbyrd009
BANNED
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

fur.jpg
fur.jpg (4.92 KiB) Viewed 2402 times
but with stuff like this still occurring, and now evidence of Denisovan and Neandertal DNA in our lines, you gotta ask at what point you are maybe channeling the RCC, putting people to death for suggesting that the earth revolves around the sun.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

bbyrd009 wrote:
fur.jpg
but with stuff like this still occurring, and now evidence of Denisovan and Neandertal DNA in our lines, you gotta ask at what point you are maybe channeling the RCC, putting people to death for suggesting that the earth revolves around the sun.

-Edward R Murrow

bbyrd009
BANNED
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

:lol: i don't get it, sorry
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

IMO you Theistic Evolutionists need to find a new creation interpretation and creation theory. I think you only have Gap Theory or Day Age to choose from.

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Let's just say there are serious "gaps" in the gap theory at the moment...merry xmas ACB.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

neo-x wrote:Let's just say there are serious "gaps" in the gap theory at the moment...merry xmas ACB.
Merry Christmas to you too. As far as gaps in the gap theory? It seems like it but that is because it does not have the big platform to promote it like the others. You have to really seek to find info about the gap theory. Yet most just go to AIG,RTB,ID,etc who have these big ministries to work on how to make it sound good. One thing is for sure. It is kind of taking the dirt road to be a gap theorist,the others have paved roads,etc.
Dirt Road
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5a3MuR6M9g

Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote: And everybody else has refuted the Gap Theory.

As Dr Richard Feynman pointed out, the easiest person to fool is yourself.

Those here who think they are right because "God" guides them, making them effectively infallible
are, yes, deranged.

I should talk, of course. I thought it might be posdible to reach ab with things like fact or logic.
How in contact with reality is that?
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Audie wrote:Those here who think they are right because "God" guides them, making them effectively infallible
are, yes, deranged.
You've made this comment a number of times now but I'm not sure based on what. Has anyone actually asserted as much (I certainly hope not) or is it just a personal observation you've concluded?
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Byblos wrote:
Audie wrote:Those here who think they are right because "God" guides them, making them effectively infallible
are, yes, deranged.
You've made this comment a number of times now but I'm not sure based on what. Has anyone actually asserted as much (I certainly hope not) or is it just a personal observation you've concluded?

Why no; I'd not expect anyone to state it directly

However, we do see stated by mant people including the proximal subject of that observation,
that they trust / believe / are speaking what hey call "God's word".

"I trust God's Word, not the words of man." (therefore whatever you say contrary to
God's Word is wrong, I am right, impossible for me to be wrong.)

You know?

"We who are right with god are gifted with right readin', it is all nonsense to a atheist."

I point out that it is their choice to believe in God, or in Allah etc, their choice to interpret what they think to be the word of a god as they do.

Pointed out that to say for example that they know there was a worldwide flood,
because "God" says so is among other things the very definition of intellectual
dishonesty; that it is profoundly arrogant to proclaim knowledge of the natural world
beyond the learning of any resesrcher on earth.

Pointed out that all of this is in fact a declaratoon of infallibility.

How could it be said it is not?
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

"I trust God's Word, not the words of man." (therefore whatever you say contrary to
God's Word is wrong, I am right, impossible for me to be wrong.)
FIRST part addressed: IF there is a God, such as the God of the Bible, then by all means we have good reason to trust His words. Second part addressed: But that doesn't mean we always can perfectly understand ALL meanings of the Bible, and certainly not if they are non-specific so as that could be examined by historical or scientific analysis. But, again, if such a God exists, and we are reading His actual words, A) we CAN know and have good reasons to believe they are true, AND, they are, even if B) we don't know the how or specifics of how what is referenced played out (like the time issue of the "days" of Creation, of the "the flood"). The last portion ("impossible for me to be wrong"): Depends upon what someone referencing God's words, when making such a statement, actually means. If such a God exists, and we are reading His words - then YES, the WORDS are impossible to be false. But simultaneously, it is entirely possible that one's interpretation of the MEANINGS of God's words are inaccurate, or perhaps even totally false. But that doesn't negate that the words themselves are true.

And just as we cannot prove scientifically how the universe began, there are many things we cannot explain SCIENTIFICALLY. But, of course, that doesn't mean such things aren't true. Science is a powerful tool, but not a perfect or all-knowing one.