Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Byblos »

Welcome Richard. :wave:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Hey Richard, Welcome to the board!
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
For_Narniaaa
Established Member

Post by For_Narniaaa »

richard handran wrote:Hello

I find the site intriguing. I am 42 years old, excepted Christ in the sixth grade, and have been in the military for the last twenty-one years. This is one of the most straight forward sites I have seen in a long time. I look forward to reading various comments.

Thanks
:wave: I've read a few of your posts already! Welcome and I enjoy hearing more from you! <3

"Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge." ~Proverbs 1:7

"The God of the universe---the Creator of nitrogen and pine needles, galaxies and E-minor---loves you with a radical, unconditional, self-sacrificing love." ~Francis Chan

Banner credit: arwen-undomiel.com
TradArcher
Newbie Member
Sex: Male

Post by TradArcher »

Hello Everyone.

I have been reading the articles on this site for about a year, and I have learned an amazing amount! I am VERY thankful to the author for the time spent on writing such in-depth, yet understandable, articles. I have also been lurking on the forums for a while, and love the conversations that go on, so I figured that I should join and at least TRY to contribute.

A little about me. I am sixteen years old. I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior sometime around age 7, don't remember exactly. But only recently have I started to understand the true impact of that decision. As a result of this I have been trying to live my life in the most Christ-like manner possible, and it is rough! (as I am sure you all are aware) A couple of random things about me: I am a traditional archer (as my screen name implies), A martial artist, a woodworker and gym rat (well.. basement-gym). I have been home schooled until this past year, when I was sent to a public high school. This led to the re-affirmation that the public school system is corrupt, inefficient and just about useless (don't misunderstand me; I have GREAT respect for the teachers who put much time and effort into trying to teach us kids, and am grateful for it). Oh, and just in case you hadn't noticed, my grammar is terrible, but bear with me, I am working on it!
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Hi TradArcher! It's too bad you're not around to practice with my son. He had archery lessons for a while, with a regular bow (not the compound), but I just didn't think the instructors were that great. Just didn't seem worth it. But it'd be great to do that still, and maybe learn myself. It's difficult around here - sure not many places to practice! I think he'd need a new, bigger bow, too.

Anyway, you must've read a lot of articles! Very neat! It'll be nice to read your posts.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Sharna
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Sharna »

Hello!
I found this forum through godandscience.org, and I hope that I can find even more resourceful and insightful answers here :D

Just a bit about me: I am 15 years old, and I accepted Jesus Christ when I was in 6th grade. I know that through my personal experiences, the existence of God is no question, but when faced by atheists and evolutionists on scientific fields, I know I need some support. I just want to thank you all for making such a close, Christian community where the word of God can multiply and seed inside the hearts of our friends... and enemies. :mrgreen:

Once again, thanks!
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

:wave: Hey Sharna. Very cool! Glad to have you here :)
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Welcome aboard!!!
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
erawdrah
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by erawdrah »

Hello my name is Dave. I really like reading and studying the Bible and thought this would be a great place to see what others think. Please don't take anything I say to heart as I'm just giving my opinion to the question. I respect everyone on this board even if we disagree. So thanks for letting me hang around.
For_Narniaaa
Established Member

Post by For_Narniaaa »

:wave: Hello, erawdrah! I can't wait to see some of your posts. God bless! y@};-

"Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge." ~Proverbs 1:7

"The God of the universe---the Creator of nitrogen and pine needles, galaxies and E-minor---loves you with a radical, unconditional, self-sacrificing love." ~Francis Chan

Banner credit: arwen-undomiel.com
TellMe~Ily
Acquainted Member

Post by TellMe~Ily »

Hi,I'm Julia (:
I'm thirteen,and I just signed up not too long ago.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

WElcome!!! Good to have the teens here!!
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
tekton
Newbie Member

Post by tekton »

Hey, I just found the forum and am looking forward to joining the discussions. For now though I'm going to dig around and read for awhile and see what I can learn.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

tekton wrote:Hey, I just found the forum and am looking forward to joining the discussions. For now though I'm going to dig around and read for awhile and see what I can learn.
Welcome to the Forums, tekton. :) Glad to have you here!
TCHOP561
Newbie Member

Post by TCHOP561 »

I just stumbled upon this website a few days ago and I've been hooked ever since. This website is amazing. There is so much that i want to read. There also seems to be a wealth of information here on the forum. I wish i was half as smart as some of you. I read some of the articles and i have a hard time wrapping my head around some of it. I still enjoy it though. :ebiggrin:

Well, i look forward to the discussions and growing in my faith.

TCHOP561