ALLAH (GOD)

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

puritan lad wrote:There is no god besides the Christian God, the triune God, the God of the Bible. The God of Judaism is the Devil (John 8:44). One cannot believe in Moses if he rejects Christ (John 5:46).
Err... where does it Judaism is the Devil, or that Moses rejected Christ? Your taking some liberty there aren't you?

Kurieuo
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

Deborah wrote: Our beliefs are not so different except mahammed is not the last prophet.
And jesus was indeed god in human form.
Not so different? Here are some facts that Muslims and multiculturalists don't want you to know about Islam...

The Koran sanctions pillage, looting, ransom, and the rape of captive women as an incentive to join in jihad or "holy war"

Mohammed kept one-fifth of all spoils of war for himself

The Koran allows a man to have up to four wives -- at any one time. He can divorce a wife by simply saying so 3 times

Mohammad had as many as 25 wives. One was six when they married; he was 54. He consummated the marriage when she was 9

At least 27 people were murdered on Mohammed's orders

Mohammed allowed temporary marriage "for three nights" or more, so that soldiers in the field could "marry" prostitutes

The joys and glories of the Islamic "paradise" are tangible and sensual and include sex with virgins -- and young boys

Islam divides the world into the House of Islam (where Islam rules) and the House of War (where it doesn't). The two are permanently at war; there may be temporary truces, but peace will come only upon the completion of global conquest

When Muslims are a minority community, the Koran permits them to adopt a peaceful attitude to deceive their neighbors, until they feel strong enough to dispense with the pretense

I'll say that the way they worship is quite different than Christianity.

Galatians 1:8
"But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed."
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

Kurieuo wrote:
puritan lad wrote:There is no god besides the Christian God, the triune God, the God of the Bible. The God of Judaism is the Devil (John 8:44). One cannot believe in Moses if he rejects Christ (John 5:46).
Err... where does it Judaism is the Devil, or that Moses rejected Christ? Your taking some liberty there aren't you?

Kurieuo
I didn't say that Moses rejected Christ. I said that a person cannot believe in Moses if that person rejects Christ" (John 5:46). Jesus was also very clear concerning Christ-rejecting Judaism.

John 8:39-44
"They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham. But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. You do the deeds of your father.” Then they said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father—God.” Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it."

We need to clarify why the Pharisees were condemned. Some say that it was because they obeyed the law. False. Not once did Jesus condemn them for obeying they law, but rather for not obeying the "weightier matters of the law". (Matthew 23:23). The Pharisees were condemned because they rejected Christ, and that is the only reason (John 10:25-26, Luke 20:17). What then, may I ask, separates the Pharisees from modern Judaism and Islam? Nothing. If one rejects Christ, that person cannot be saved. Christ is God. Those who reject Him do not worship the same God as Christianity, "but are a synagogue of Satan" (Rev. 2:9).
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/