Intelligent design legitimate science?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:What happened to open exchange of ideas?
How does extinction prove evolution wrong?
How does no recent speciation prove evolution wrong?
First sorry for getting frustrated. I am not sure what happened to the open exchange ideas, but from my experinces in high school and college, little independant thought is required or valued. IT is simple digestion and regurgitation of what other people have thought. This is silly. Isn't itmore important to expose people to a broad range of ideas and teach them how to think, than to simply tell them what other people thought, and ask them to regurgitate it on a test.

I do not mean to say that extinction and lack of speciation prove evolution wrong. But these two things are serious problems with evolution. I am not against evolution, I do not believe it to be true, but it is a valid theoretical structure that can be used to drive hypothesis and investigation.

I am against the culture within science that limits exposure to other theories, and seems more interested in getting people to accept hypothetical frameworks, than it is in creating world class thinkers.

Again sorry for getting frustrated in some of my posts, and I will try to tone it down. Just a little though. :twisted:
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Jbuza wrote:First sorry for getting frustrated.
Sorry if I frustrated you. It was not my intention.
Jbuza wrote: I am against the culture within science that limits exposure to other theories, and seems more interested in getting people to accept hypothetical frameworks, than it is in creating world class thinkers.

Again sorry for getting frustrated in some of my posts, and I will try to tone it down. Just a little though. :twisted:
Great, we agree on something!

But I don't think its just science which wants to impose beleifs, I think it is a natural human tendancy no matter what culture or viewpoint.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson