Eating meat

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
bluesman
Established Member
Christian: No

Paper or plastic or Jerky!

Post by bluesman »

Canuckster,
I have lived just about everywhere there is to live in Northern Ontario and some places in Southern Ontario. When I was young I was a rambling man.
I moved and traveled a lot.
Not much for riding the rails though I preferred the car or truck! :lol:

I have some family in Brampton.
I live now in the North Bay area, near Quebec.

Felgar:
We use mostly a good quality meat wrapping paper. The plastic wrap is okay for a shorter time period. Zip Lock freezer bags might be good,but then your adding some cost. The vacuum sealing I don't know about.

Jerky, and I love Deer Jerky seems to last a long time.

With a larger family we go through meat within a year so really storage has not been such a big issue. I know in the past we had some hamburger over a year and the normally high quality taste was declining. It was wrapped in meat paper.

Really, I get most of my information from my wife. She grew up on a farm and her brother still has cattle (Down in the USA :( though ) .

Michael
Thomas
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by Felgar »

Hmm... In my experience, which I verified with others in my extended family, 2 years is pretty safe as long as it never defrosts. After that you can get a little bit of freezer burn but if you cut a little bit away it's still edible. Obviously that's a pain though...