The scientific proof for Genesis

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: The scientific proof for Genesis

Post by Byblos »

touchingcloth wrote:How comes you keep putting a - instead of an o in god?
I believe it is rooted in Jewish tradition not to spell the entire word out of respect.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
touchingcloth
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by touchingcloth »

Byblos wrote:
touchingcloth wrote:How comes you keep putting a - instead of an o in god?
I believe it is rooted in Jewish tradition not to spell the entire word out of respect.
Well yes but I've never seen it done with english words before...with yahweh we put the missing letters back in!
Gman
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

CAT wrote:Gman, you have me stumped, what two gods are you talking about?
It's in 2 Corinthians 4:4...
CAT wrote:Yes, I realize that you were referring to the link between science and the Bible, which you proved nicely, thank you. I was merely just pointing the fact out to you that "NOW" (after you have proved this fact) you cannot simply go on believing that these 7 days took place over million or billions of years, that it why I said you cannot serve both G-d and man, its either one or the other. If you change G-d's literal word into something that it is not, you are than serving man.
Ah, no.. We have to look at scripture in the Hebrew for a better analysis.

http://www.godandscience.org/youngearth ... KGQsQU4Lr5

CAT. Can you do me a favor? I would love to debate this, but not in this post. This is more how the creation story aligns with science not the day age stuff. If you start another post on this we can debate it there.

Thanks..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Hmmm... I might just get into that myself.
Gman wrote:CAT. Can you do me a favor? I would love to debate this, but not in this post. This is more how the creation story aligns with science not the day age stuff. If you start another post on this we can debate it there.
Sounds like it will be fun anyway. Something I was wanting to get to. Then again I would be on Gman's side, I am an OEC.
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =1&t=32715
Me thinks this needs to be read first though just in case. Sorry to pop up uninvited, but that sounds like a great idea and something I would enjoy.
God bless! :mrgreen:
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
dayage
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by dayage »

I've tried to explain day four in the past. Go to this page and read the last post. Don't get hung up on verse 16. The description of the day focuses on the lights becomming visible as time pieces.

http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 1&start=90