Flat Earth Theory

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Flat Earth Theory

Post by Murray »

what happens when I fall off the world FL?
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Murray wrote:what happens when I fall off the world FL?
Poor Murray! You - even you! - have been so brainwashed by Round Earthers that you don't see the foolish preconceptions in your question! I have already addressed this problem previously, to wit:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
zacchaeus wrote:I'd imagine if a plane kept flying then it eventually run out of our flat land and just venture off into space... eventually having to go through layers of atmosphere at the end of our flat earth before reaching space and would burn up before breaking through.
You have been so brainwashed by the intelligensia and government conspirators that to answer your question I must first teach you correct cosmology.* I don't have time to go into this deeply so pay attention to this curt lesson:

-the spherical earth model has the earth floating in space. We have already shown that this is an impossibility because 1, a spinning earth would fling all water and some people into space, and 2, all people in the ''Southern Hemisphere'' would fall off and float in space. Only some people in the ''Northern Hemisphere'' would manage to hold on, but they couldn't go outside without risking their lives.

-the flat earth model isn't like a dinner plate floating in space. (Indeed, the very idea shows the questioner's mind has been perverted by the intelligensia.) In the flat earth model, the earth is like a plate where space-time is curved at the end (the ''edges'') so that an airplane, upon reaching the end, would simply fly along this frontier until it got to where it was going...like Australia, for example. The airplane would not ''fall off'' because there is no ''other side,'' no ''edge.''

zacchaeus wrote: Do flat [...] earthers believe in aliens?
Aliens are not part of flat earth worldview. Aliens are necessary to the worldviews of atheists, Mormons and wackos. Atheists need aliens to nourish their sense of wonder; Mormons need aliens because they must have many planets to accomodate Mormon gods; and wackos need aliens because they are wacko.

FL

*Cosmology: a branch of astronomy dealing with the origen, structure, and space-time relationships of the universe.
It is impossible to ''fall off' the world! Is there not abundant proof of this already??? 'Do you now understand, Murray?

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

No but I really want to find out what happens
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

FL, expect the CIA to be knocking down your door, in the near future. We round earth conspirators don't take rebellion lightly. 8)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

RickD wrote:FL, expect the CIA to be knocking down your door, in the near future. We round earth conspirators don't take rebellion lightly. 8)

that tickled my laugh box :lol:
dayage
Valued Member

Post by dayage »

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

dayage wrote:FL,

This was discussed here:
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =9&t=36757
Dayage, you do realize that FL is joking, don't you?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

aha, ahahaha. Thats funny :pound:
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

dayage wrote:FL,

This was discussed here:
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =9&t=36757
Yes, I know...but that whole discussion was too long-winded and boring.
RickD wrote:Dayage, you do realize that FL is joking, don't you?
Joking? Have your CIA handlers ordered you to destroy my credibility by insinuating a lack of sincerity on my part?

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
dayage
Valued Member

Post by dayage »

FL,

Yes, I know...but that whole discussion was too long-winded and boring.
Come on now. That post was only 2 pages long and this one is now on its sixth page.

Joking or not, the Bible does not teach a flat earth, nor did the early church (except one) and science has proven a round earth, along with every other planet.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Joking or not, the Bible does not teach a flat earth, nor did the early church (except one) and science has proven a round earth, along with every other planet.
First off, the earth is not like every other planet. Second, science has not proven a round earth. All "satellite" pictures, are part of the round earth conspiracy. :ewink:

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Your all wrong, the Earth is bowl shaped and we live on the inside.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

dayage wrote:Come on now. That post was only 2 pages long and this one is now on its sixth page.
Only two pages you say? It was so dull it seemed much longer. This discussion, on the other hand, still has life in it because it is vibrant and exciting and exposes The Conspiracy. We even have a CIA pawn openly admitting this conspiracy:
RickD wrote: First off, the earth is not like every other planet. Second, science has not proven a round earth. All "satellite" pictures, are part of the round earth conspiracy. :ewink:
I admire RickD. Although on the CIA payroll, he still recognizes Truth when he sees it.
Danieltwotwenty wrote:Your all wrong, the Earth is bowl shaped and we live on the inside.

Dan
The bowl-shaped earth is a variation of the flat earth concept. I understand where you're coming from but your cosmology is off. Still, you are closer to the truth than dayage who just swallows whole the lies fed to him by the CIA and the intelligensia.

The earth is FLat

+ + +

+ + +
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

We might be having too much fun with this
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Some of our recent new members may appreciate this thread.

FL

+ + +

+ + +