Where did our Big Bang come from?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Where did our Big Bang come from?

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

bippy123 wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Audie wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Can CSI be put in terms that are measurable? I believe that is a good question to pursue.
I believe Dembski does this, but since you appear quite closed it doesn't really matter I suppose.

Btw, what is "honophobia". ;)
It was always a term ascribed to those who think being honosexually active is morally wrong isn't it?

Im not "closed" to it. Id like to see a decent case made.
What like I did here: http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =9&t=39830
But, I'd dare say that you're not much interested in true Biblical scholarship and more interested to just pin a YEC interpretation on it.
It is after all an easier issue to keep beating down upon right?
:beat:

Omg, wrong thread. I'm getting confused now.
But, as mad as it sounds, I'd recommend going to the horse and letting them talk. :)
Or someone without an ax to grind like Atheists and Creationists.
Audie wrote:I mentioned "homophobia" because its a concocted term that implies the things I mentioned.
The word means (sick/ irrational) fear of self.
Awesome means, well amazing, awe inspiring. Not "thank you".
Yes, I agree... sorry to pick on your spelling.
But, I've never liked the word "homophobia" the moment someone first called me it because I disagreed.
It certainly wasn't a term that Christians came up with.
Audie wrote:"Complex specified info" sounds like what it appears to be- disinformation.

I dont think you understand or can explain it.

Drop it if you like.
Ok then. But, I do understand...
and I've gone to the actual horses mouths to understand,
rather than presuming or getting misinformation from some secular skeptic or even creosite.
I've never had a problem with gay people in fact one of my best friends is gay and a practicing Christian , he just won't act out on his feelings . He calls it carrying his cross, but I've never had a problem with gay people anyways . God said all are his Children and we are not to ostracize anyone , we are supposed to be there for them just as God would want us to be there for our family and cherished friends .
Even if he did act on his desires, he would still be saved through faith and not by his law keeping. :innocent:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

deleted-
Last edited by Audie on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Ouch, that's harsh. :troll:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Kurieuo wrote:Ouch, that's harsh. :troll:
And completely unnecessary. :shakehead:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
bippy123 wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Audie wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Can CSI be put in terms that are measurable? I believe that is a good question to pursue.
I believe Dembski does this, but since you appear quite closed it doesn't really matter I suppose.

It was always a term ascribed to those who think being honosexually active is morally wrong isn't it?

What like I did here: http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =9&t=39830
But, I'd dare say that you're not much interested in true Biblical scholarship and more interested to just pin a YEC interpretation on it.
It is after all an easier issue to keep beating down upon right?
:beat:

Omg, wrong thread. I'm getting confused now.
But, as mad as it sounds, I'd recommend going to the horse and letting them talk. :)
Or someone without an ax to grind like Atheists and Creationists.
Audie wrote:I mentioned "homophobia" because its a concocted term that implies the things I mentioned.
Yes, I agree... sorry to pick on your spelling.
But, I've never liked the word "homophobia" the moment someone first called me it because I disagreed.
It certainly wasn't a term that Christians came up with.
Audie wrote:"Complex specified info" sounds like what it appears to be- disinformation.

Drop it if you like.
Ok then. But, I do understand...
and I've gone to the actual horses mouths to understand,
rather than presuming or getting misinformation from some secular skeptic or even creosite.
I've never had a problem with gay people in fact one of my best friends is gay and a practicing Christian , he just won't act out on his feelings . He calls it carrying his cross, but I've never had a problem with gay people anyways . God said all are his Children and we are not to ostracize anyone , we are supposed to be there for them just as God would want us to be there for our family and cherished friends .
Even if he did act on his desires, he would still be saved through faith and not by his law keeping. :innocent:
Daniel your right but he kept the law out of faith and love . He essentially said yes because of his faith .
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
bippy123 wrote:
Audie wrote:

You guys on the other hand seem more than a little overeager to embrace it, for what can only be
transparently ideological reasons.

I asked reasonable questions, I get websites.

The "specified" stuff looks like mum-jum, jarg, obscurantism inventing meanings tp
imply more than they can deliver.

I mentioned "homophobia" because its a concocted term that implies the things I mentioned.

"Complex specified info" sounds like what it appears to be- disinformation.

Drop it if you like.
Actually Audie you got websites and you got explanations as well. I started with a very simple questions about the message on the sand. You obviously would believe that the message on the beach was made by the waves crashing a million times on the shore.

My belief as a. Christian have nothing to do with embracing ID.
Remember I was an evolutionist for 41years and if I returned to belief in evolution it wouldn't shake my faith at all, so yoir wromg in claiming that my belief in ID is driven by my ideological beliefs . It's driven by what we as human beings know and see all around us .

Your belief in evolution on the other hand is absolute and can't be shaken . Now tell me again whose beliefs are ideologically driven here ?

Language and computer codes are perfect examples of csi and this is exactly what we see in DNA .

Now I don't know what other kinds if definitions u want for csi but just saying we don't understand something doesn't mean we don't .

Your example of a coke bottle being smashed isn't csi at all, and in fact the bottle itself isnt a great example for csi .

I'll ask you a question Audie , please give me one example of a computer code originating naturally and you will have garnered a Nobel peace prize for yourself .
You didnt get the subtlety of my reference to ships in the night. Ok here it is more bluntly:

We have zero to discuss, because I do-not-respect- you. Not least because you feel so free to make things up
that is, deliberately lie about me, in order to present your argument.

Begone, I want nothing, ever, to do with you.
Audie,

Please play nice. There's no need for this kind of talk here.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Rick, I am perhaps overly touchy, but I do not like it if someone makes up an insulting falsehood about about me, to use against me. I dont think it is appropriate or fair minded of him, no more than I think it is to get on my case for saying I will no longer tolerate it from him.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bippy123 »

Audie wrote:Rick, I am perhaps overly touchy, but I do not like it if someone makes up an insulting falsehood about about me, to use against me. I dont think it is appropriate or fair minded of him, no more than I think it is to get on my case for saying I will no longer tolerate it from him.
You mean like saying you don't understand csi after u
Layed out perfect examples of csi in the real world and then I bring up smashing a coke bottle saying its an example if csi which it clearly is not .
Opps I'm sorry that wasn't me , that was u.
Pot please meet kettle , kettle guess what color the pot is . Better yet guess what color the kettle is .