Is being Gay really that bad?

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Cooljohng, I don't see you proving homosexuality is genetic, despite the fact that the best liberal doctors have been doing all they can to find it and fail. Do you know why? Because sexual preference is an illusion that has nothing to do with genetics. Any evolutionist with half a brain can tell you that genes don't force people to do anything. People get an imprint of the type of people they want to live with from their youth and that imprint becomes more and more difficult to modify as you get older. Ever see any of those day shows where they bring a bunch of women and men dressed as women and it becomes nearly impossible to tell who's what? If you see somebody that looks like an extremely hot girl, and it turns out to be a guy, does it make you gay? Absolutely not. It's simply proof that people are attracted to what they(along with outside factors) have imprinted on their minds that they should be attracted to. In the middle ages, chubby people were considered attractive because it symbolised prosperity. In some african cultures the size of a woman's neck dictates how beautiful she is. Attraction is relative and the sooner ignoramuses like you realise it the sooner we can start doing something about it.
Are you threatening me Master Skeptic?
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

becuase the bible says so, oh please, if you want to go down that route then be my guest cus i can certainly burst your bubble there!
Let's go down that route, shall we?
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Is it just me or is the balance between idiot atheists and smart atheists tipping in the idiots' direction more and more with each passing day?
Are you threatening me Master Skeptic?
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

2. Why shouldn't people enjoy sex? If God truely only meant it to be for reproduction, there would be no extreme pleasure received from it. It is an act between two loving people, why shouldn't they enjoy it? Aslong as common sense is used, protection etc. then there is absolutly nothing wrong with it.
Of course it was partially meant for pleasure. But, it doesn't mean you can satisfy that desire any way you want. If I'm thirsty, I shouldn't drink acid, even though it's mainly water with a certain chemical added. I should drink water, because that's how you lessen your thirst without burning a hole in your esophogaus. Sex feels good, but it doesn't mean we're supposed to take the acid approach. And the only real "protection" is a ring on the finger cooljohn. A condom only dramatically lessens your chances of getting someone pregnant, but you're up a creek without a paddle or a boat when it comes to STDs. Nothing protects you from them, except no premarital sex or extra-marital sex. That's common sense.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
August
Old School

Post by August »

Is it just me or is the balance between ***** atheists and smart atheists tipping in the idiots' direction more and more with each passing day?
You are way ahead of me, I'm yet to find a smart atheist.
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Mastermind wrote:Is it just me or is the balance between ***** atheists and smart atheists tipping in the idiots' direction more and more with each passing day?
The scales have tipped dramatically in that direction.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Cooljohng wrote:Read these articles, then you'll realise that what you are saying probably isn't true.
http://web4health.info/en/answers/sex-homo-causes.htm
http://www.pflagphoenix.org/education/h ... cause.html
http://familydoctor.org/739.xml

If it is indeed genetic, then there is nothing you can do about it. So therefore, God has condemed you to being homosexual? That doesn't sound very fair now does it?
If they are purely social factors, then something probably could be done about it. Personally, i think it's probably a mix like most of the articles say. If there really is a homosexual gene, then how do you expect these people to stop being what they are? That's like trying to change your entire genetic coding. Can't be done im afraid
If it were genetic, why weren't your parents homosexual? Is the queer gene a recessive gene? :lol:

There's a debate about the causes of homosexuality. From the most recent news article I've read, researchers believe that homosexuality is caused by hormonal imbalances and environmental factors. But that doesn't mean everyone should pursue all of his or her desires. If that were the case, this world would end. As humans, we should learn restraint and not succumb to hedonism like some perverts do.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Prodigal Son wrote::? i think is two people are together for a number of years (monogamous), and they do love each other and they have every intention of remaining together (and do) and have intercourse without a legal marriage...in God's eyes they are married.

also, i think that sex was created for more than just procreation. it was meant to intensify bonds and to bring us joy.
And I disproved your ridiculous approval of cohabitation and fornication being ideal relationship situations in the eyes of God with biblical verses and testimony from renowned ministers. What did you do? You ignored it. Don't twist or defame the Bible to suit your own purposes and life choices. :roll:
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Cooljohng wrote:well? what about that? what good is celebacy if homosexuality as a whole is wrong?? including non-sex relationships
While some may try to deny it, virtually all heterosexual parents would want heterosexual children.
August
Old School

Post by August »

What, not waiting for answers on these well-defined and detailed arguments? I thought he would hang around and watch us fall around for answers to these questions which we have never heard before.

Edit: Was in response to some drivel from Cooljohng, now removed.

Shirtless
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by Shirtless »

Felgar wrote:Hey, no need to respond to me - the record is clearly written as for as I'm concerned. The counter arguments are something you need to think about for yourself, not for my benefit. But since you and I have already had our discussions about trusting the Bible, I'm not sure you're ready to be convinced at this time.

But recall that you asked the question why we believe what we believe, and there's the answer.
I'm not 100% familiar with the discussions you're refering to Felgar, so I'm not sure what you mean :oops: .

I'd be happy to respond to the passages you gave. I just wanted to give you a chance to give commentary on them. I'll start a new thread soon.
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by Felgar »

Shirtless wrote:
Felgar wrote:Hey, no need to respond to me - the record is clearly written as for as I'm concerned. The counter arguments are something you need to think about for yourself, not for my benefit. But since you and I have already had our discussions about trusting the Bible, I'm not sure you're ready to be convinced at this time.

But recall that you asked the question why we believe what we believe, and there's the answer.
I'm not 100% familiar with the discussions you're refering to Felgar, so I'm not sure what you mean :oops: .
I'm just refering to the posts earlier in this thread. You asked WHY we believe homosexuality is a sin, and I posted 3 verses that demonstrate how it is.

http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... ight=#9973

But from your response about wanting time I'm thinking you remember that. So I'm not sure what you mean about you not being sure. :) Erk.
Mr.Gay.UK
Acquainted Member

Post by Mr.Gay.UK »

August wrote:
becuase the bible says so, oh please, if you want to go down that route then be my guest cus i can certainly burst your bubble there!
Let's go down that route, shall we?

the psalms of david,

if you beleive that david wrote the psalms then how is it possible that in one of those psalms it talks about the temple of solomon, this temple was built after david died. and it is not as some chiristians have tried to persuade me a small tent that moves around, look at psalm 48, psalm 69 verse 12, this clearly talks about the first temple (which is solomons) and this is not a description of a tent, it talks about pillars and walls?

explain how it is that someone who was dead wrote a psalm about his sons temple!

*spooky* he did it after he was dead!

yer rite give me a break!

explain that!

and if you want more passages from the bible that are blatently wrong then just ask and i will be sure to deliver!
August
Old School

Post by August »

f you beleive that david wrote the psalms then how is it possible that in one of those psalms it talks about the temple of solomon, this temple was built after david died. and it is not as some chiristians have tried to persuade me a small tent that moves around, look at psalm 48,
All Psalms were clearly not written by David:

Psalm 48:1 (NIV)
A song. A psalm of the Sons of Korah.
psalm 69 verse 12
Psalm 69:12 (NIV)
Those who sit at the gate mock me, and I am the song of the drunkards.
this clearly talks about the first temple (which is solomons) and this is not a description of a tent, it talks about pillars and walls?
It does not. Please provide some theological substance to your claims.

If you are going to disprove the Bible you need to do better than this.
*spooky* he did it after he was dead!

yer rite give me a break!
Whatever. Your argument presented was fallacious. You have not read any of this.
and if you want more passages from the bible that are blatently wrong then just ask and i will be sure to deliver!
You are the one that is wrong. You don't even have a basic knowledge of what you are trying to disprove.

But before we continue, why don't you answer this, since it logically precedes your statement: Please explain to me how you know the meaning of the word "wrong".

Mr.Gay.UK
Acquainted Member

Post by Mr.Gay.UK »

sorry for the misunderstanding:

Chapter 48
48:1 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness.

48:2 Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.

48:3 God is known in her palaces for a refuge.

48:4 For, lo, the kings were assembled, they passed by together.

48:5 They saw it, and so they marvelled; they were troubled, and hasted away.

48:6 Fear took hold upon them there, and pain, as of a woman in travail.

48:7 Thou breakest the ships of Tarshish with an east wind.

48:8 As we have heard, so have we seen in the city of the LORD of hosts, in the city of our God: God will establish it for ever. Selah.

48:9 We have thought of thy lovingkindness, O God, in the midst of thy temple.

48:10 According to thy name, O God, so is thy praise unto the ends of the earth: thy right hand is full of righteousness.

48:11 Let mount Zion rejoice, let the daughters of Judah be glad, because of thy judgments.

48:12 Walk about Zion, and go round about her: tell the towers thereof.

48:13 Mark ye well her bulwarks, consider her palaces; that ye may tell it to the generation following.

48:14 For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.

mainly 48:9,

as for 69:12 im sorry about that i will however find the passage as soon as i can and i will reply, i must have flipped pages while copying the location.