Christian Music

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Christian Music

Post by Gabrielman »

cslewislover wrote:
Gabrielman wrote:
cslewislover wrote: Well, I listened to Crash so far, and that's a great rock song! Now on to some more (music). y~o) + y~o) ahhhhh!!!!
Glad you liked it!! :D I love all of my music I have posted, lol!!! But I love you way more!!! Having some coffee with you now!!!!!! :heart:
:whistle: I drank my coffee fast, lol. I liked the Crippling Machine more than the City one, yes. But I liked Crash better than those two. And I'm going to go listen to the Emery song you posted at fb! I don't know what's with my head - I hope I'm not getting sick again, like Zak! :heart: :pillows:
I posted that Emery song here as well, lol! I hope that your head starts feeling better!!! I hope and pray you are not sick!!!!!!!!! :heart: y>:D< y[-o<
I am glad you liked the songs!!!! More on the way!!!! They are all played on Radio U, check them out if you get the chance to!!!!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Saints By Destroy The Runner, another band I hardly hear from!!!!!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Stitches By Haste The Day, the message...
YOU'RE WORTH MORE THAN THIS!!!
Do you like these ones too Vicki? LOL you should really listen to Radio U online some time, lots of great music, what about songs you like? :heart: y@};-
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

You Found Me The Fray Another great band!
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Gabrielman wrote:Stitches By Haste The Day, the message...
YOU'RE WORTH MORE THAN THIS!!!
Do you like these ones too Vicki? LOL you should really listen to Radio U online some time, lots of great music, what about songs you like? :heart: y@};-
Thanks so much for that, you!! I'll have to bookmark Radio U, yes, and listen to it some! I like the song lyrics and a lot of the music, but it's hard for me to get into the ones where the guy is doing the guttural stuff (not sure how to describe it). It makes me think of a sore throat, LOL. If I did that, I don't know if I'd last for even one song. :o Anyway, thanks you. You know why I haven't been on more . . . and I saw in my last note that I talked about getting sick, and I did!! y@};- y~o) + y~o)

Coffee and Radio U? y>:D<

"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

cslewislover wrote: Thanks so much for that, you!! I'll have to bookmark Radio U, yes, and listen to it some! I like the song lyrics and a lot of the music, but it's hard for me to get into the ones where the guy is doing the guttural stuff (not sure how to describe it). It makes me think of a sore throat, LOL. If I did that, I don't know if I'd last for even one song. :o Anyway, thanks you. You know why I haven't been on more . . . and I saw in my last note that I talked about getting sick, and I did!! y@};- y~o) + y~o)

Coffee and Radio U? y>:D<
I am glad you are liking the songs and radio U, I love them, but not as much as I love you! As I Am Terrified put it "You are worth more than riches and gold to me!" in their song To The Service and you are worth more than air to me!!!!!
Coffee and radio U with me and you! :heart:
Ladyvif
Newbie Member

Post by Ladyvif »

I just love Southern Gospel Music.............sooths the soul
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

The Almost Amazing Because it is One of my favorite songs from The Almost! I hope you like it Vicki!!!! And I hope that you like this one too!!!!
The Almost Dirty and Left Out

I thank God every day for you my wonderful! You make my life great and you make my faith in God stronger and stronger. If it weren't for you I would not be able to face God. You helped me out of a painful place and you helped me see the light in this world and that there was still something left for me to live for. Thank you so very much for all you have done for me Vicki. You are a major blessing on my life!
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Gabrielman wrote:The Almost Amazing Because it is One of my favorite songs from The Almost! I hope you like it Vicki!!!! And I hope that you like this one too!!!!
The Almost Dirty and Left Out

I thank God every day for you my wonderful! You make my life great and you make my faith in God stronger and stronger. If it weren't for you I would not be able to face God. You helped me out of a painful place and you helped me see the light in this world and that there was still something left for me to live for. Thank you so very much for all you have done for me Vicki. You are a major blessing on my life!
y@};- I thank God every day for you, too. You are more than a major blessing (and romantic, too, LOL)! You liked the first beach experience, huh?

Thanks for sharing those songs, you. I like the first one better, just as far as listening goes, and it's like one they might do at EV Free. The second one I'd appreciate more, I'm positive, if I understood it more. I don't know what "I've left earlier than you'll ever know" means in the song. Do you?

y~o) + y~o) y>:D<
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
ChrisB
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ChrisB »

Wow...

Vick and Nate, you two have something real special. A relationship of such expressive love that it seems only the love of God can surpass it. God Bless you both!

As far as songs go... I like many different Christian bands for many different reasons, but Sons of Korah in paticular I love... They sing the Psalms, and as Matthew Jacoby, the lead vocalist, put it, "the Psalms are like the biblical faith viewed from the inside".

Psalm 95 - Come, Let us sing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7IryEV4F2c

Psalm 24 - Lift up your heads
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO77-m4S ... re=related

Psalm 148 - Sun Moon and Stars (Live)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7s3gWkLhaQ

Psalm 40 - Song of Redemption
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZTYE1MAo68
"Materialists and madmen never have doubts." -G.K. Chesterton
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

cslewislover wrote:
y@};- I thank God every day for you, too. You are more than a major blessing (and romantic, too, LOL)! You liked the first beach experience, huh?
You are wonderful beyond words, and so very loving and kind! :D I loved being at the beach with you and Zak!!! Too bad that the day we went to swim I got so cold, I would love to sit there with you and watch the sun set over the ocean! Maybe as I get better we can do more things like that. :heart:
cslewislover wrote: Thanks for sharing those songs, you. I like the first one better, just as far as listening goes, and it's like one they might do at EV Free. The second one I'd appreciate more, I'm positive, if I understood it more. I don't know what "I've left earlier than you'll ever know" means in the song. Do you?

:ebiggrin: I like the first one more too, but that is because of the meaning! The second one, to me the part you are inquiring about, is him saying to God, "I have betrayed you in my heart before I showed it in my life". He seems to be putting it on a human level, because of course God knows all and he is always saying "more than you'll ever know" yet God knows, but as humans we just don't know, and God made Himself human. I am not sure if you get what I am saying here, I am having trouble conveying my thoughts today it seems...

What I can convey is that I love you, I love you with all of my heart and I will forever, and for always. You are more special to me than you know!
Samuel wrote:Wow...

Vick and Nate, you two have something real special. A relationship of such expressive love that it seems only the love of God can surpass it. God Bless you both!
What can I say...? She means so much to me. She saved me from my own darkness, from Falling Inside the Black (and yes that is a hyper link to a song by Skillet, with a Bleach AMV (hints the Rukia Ichigo thing we have ;) ) She helps me in ways no one can. There is a lot about me, that would take a very long time to explain, and right now I don't think I would like to make it public.

And just for the fun of it, another AMV Live Free or let Me Die

PS, Nice new Avatar :)
ChrisB
Established Member

Post by ChrisB »

Gabrielman wrote:

What can I say...? She means so much to me. She saved me from my own darkness, from Falling Inside the Black (and yes that is a hyper link to a song by Skillet, with a Bleach AMV (hints the Rukia Ichigo thing we have ;) ) She helps me in ways no one can. There is a lot about me, that would take a very long time to explain, and right now I don't think I would like to make it public.

*nods* I can understand where you're coming from on that last bit. If it's between you and God, then that's perfectly fine.

Nice vids btw... and thanks for the comment! :)
"Materialists and madmen never have doubts." -G.K. Chesterton
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Gabrielman wrote:
cslewislover wrote:
You are wonderful beyond words, and so very loving and kind! :D I loved being at the beach with you and Zak!!! Too bad that the day we went to swim I got so cold, I would love to sit there with you and watch the sun set over the ocean! Maybe as I get better we can do more things like that. :heart:
cslewislover wrote: Thanks for sharing those songs, you. I like the first one better, just as far as listening goes, and it's like one they might do at EV Free. The second one I'd appreciate more, I'm positive, if I understood it more. I don't know what "I've left earlier than you'll ever know" means in the song. Do you?

:ebiggrin: I like the first one more too, but that is because of the meaning! The second one, to me the part you are inquiring about, is him saying to God, "I have betrayed you in my heart before I showed it in my life". He seems to be putting it on a human level, because of course God knows all and he is always saying "more than you'll ever know" yet God knows, but as humans we just don't know, and God made Himself human. I am not sure if you get what I am saying here, I am having trouble conveying my thoughts today it seems...

What I can convey is that I love you, I love you with all of my heart and I will forever, and for always. You are more special to me than you know!

y:(( :heart: :heart: :heart:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

One of my all time favorite songs is called "The Altar" by Valerie something I can't remember. I've heard the song sung by others, but it wasn't the same. If anyone remembers what her last name is, or has a link, I would appreciate it. Thanks
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

RickD, I don't know that one and wasn't able to find a song of that name sung by a Valerie; sorry!

Samuel, those worship songs are really nice and it's neat what that band does.