Uncaused first cause

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Uncaused first cause

Post by 1over137 »

Kenny wrote:
1over137 wrote:Why I got the message, huh?
Personally I do not believe you got any message. I believe it to be a delusion, figment of your imagination, or something that can be explained logically; but that's just my opinion. If you say you got your message from a God that I am convinced does not exist; I will respect your beliefs and wish you the best with them.

Ken
Delusion... This I wondered about my whole young life. I was truth searcher and did not want to end up deluding myself. My best Christian friend once told me: "Noone came to God kicking all the way against him." (I replied that what about Paul who was killing Christian?) Yet, I am here and Christian. God came to me and I could not resist anymore.

He has his own time.
He is patient.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Kenny »

1over137 wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Personally I do not believe you got any message. I believe it to be a delusion, figment of your imagination, or something that can be explained logically; but that's just my opinion. If you say you got your message from a God that I am convinced does not exist; I will respect your beliefs and wish you the best with them.

Ken
Delusion... This I wondered about my whole young life. I was truth searcher and did not want to end up deluding myself. My best Christian friend once told me: "Noone came to God kicking all the way against him." (I replied that what about Paul who was killing Christian?) Yet, I am here and Christian. God came to me and I could not resist anymore.

He has his own time.
He is patient.
If I had your experience, I would be christian too.

Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Kenny wrote:
1over137 wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Ken

He has his own time.
He is patient.

Ken
I other words, when God bends to your will then and only then you would believe. But I'm afraid at that stage you would think yourself more powerful than God, thereby proclaiming yourself god. But hey, look on the bright side, you'd be able to call yourself a self-made theist. :mrgreen:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

Byblos wrote:
Kenny wrote:
1over137 wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Ken

He has his own time.
He is patient.

Ken
I other words, when God bends to your will then and only then you would believe.
Did God bend to your will?

Ken
RickD wrote
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Kenny,

How old are you?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

RickD wrote:Kenny,

How old are you?
Why do you ask?

Ken
RickD wrote
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kenny wrote:

How old are you?
Why do you ask?

Ken
Because if you're young, like 15 or 16, then I can understand why you're answering the way you are. So, how old are you?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:

How old are you?
Why do you ask?

Ken
Because if you're young, like 15 or 16, then I can understand why you're answering the way you are. So, how old are you?
If my replies were as obtuse as you pretend, they would be easily refuted; yet the best you seem to be able to come up with are tactless comments and questions like; "how old are you"

Ken
RickD wrote
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Kenny wrote:
1over137 wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Ken

He has his own time.
He is patient.

Ken
Maybe one day you will.
Good start is being humble, fair and honest.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Kenny wrote:
RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:

How old are you?
Why do you ask?

Ken
If my replies were as obtuse as you pretend, they would be easily refuted; yet the best you seem to be able to come up with are tactless comments and questions like; "how old are you"

Ken
He's just trying to understand you Kenny, they are not a defense for any argument.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kenny wrote:
RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:

How old are you?
Why do you ask?

Ken

Ken
He's just trying to understand you Kenny, they are not a defense for any argument.
Naa, I think he is just looking for a way to discredit what I have to say

Ken
RickD wrote
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

No Kenny, I disagree with you. I and Dan know Rick better than you.

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kenny,

I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from. When I understand why someone is answering a certain way, it helps me have a more productive conversation with him. Kinda like trying to walk in someone else's shoes, to understand him better.

I wasn't trying to discredit any argument by asking your age. Age has no relevance to the arguments people make. I was asking your age because your level of understanding about basic things, leads me to believe you are either willfully ignorant, stupid, or young. And since I don't think your willfully ignorant or stupid, I'm guessing you're young.

-Edward R Murrow

Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from. When I understand why someone is answering a certain way, it helps me have a more productive conversation with him. Kinda like trying to walk in someone else's shoes, to understand him better.

I wasn't trying to discredit any argument by asking your age. Age has no relevance to the arguments people make. I was asking your age because your level of understanding about basic things, leads me to believe you are either willfully ignorant, stupid, or young. And since I don't think your willfully ignorant or stupid, I'm guessing you're young.
Then address my level of understanding. What is it about my understanding that gives you the impression that I am either stupid or young? What are some specific things I have said that give you this impression?

Ken
RickD wrote
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kenny wrote:

Then address my level of understanding. What is it about my understanding that gives you the impression that I am either stupid or young? What are some specific things I have said that give you this impression?

Ken
Your lack of understanding basic things that people here are trying to tell you. I'm not going back to list anything specific. If you want to know, just look back at pretty much any post where someone has tried to help you understand something, and you disagree. It shouldn't be difficult to find something. It's prevalent throughout the threads you've posted in.

-Edward R Murrow