What would have happened had Adam never sinned?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: What would have happened had Adam never sinned?

Post by Kenny »

Bybos
I tell you what Kenny, not only will I say the universe cannot be shown to be finite with reason alone, I will go so far as to state that it is possible the universe (read matter and energy) is etrenal.
Ken
I never made a claim about weather the Universe was eternal or not.

Byblos
Even at that, it could STILL be shown from reason alone the necessity of a first mover. But we've danced around this bull before haven't we. It went nowhere then and I suspect it will go nowhere again. And we also know why.
Ken
I wouldn’t say it went nowhere; even though we can agree to disagree, I learned a lot about how you guys think, and what you believe. Just because we cannot convince each other to change our POV doesn’t mean it was all a waste of time.

Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

RickD wrote:
FL wrote:
There was never a time when nothing existed. Time itself came into existence at the Big Bang. Before the BB, there was no time, no nothin'.*
You mean nothin cept the singularity...er...singular. Right Kenny? 8)
I think you've got me mixed up with someone else.

Ken
RickD wrote
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:I'm not even sure Kenny's ''singular'' existed. Actually, I'm pretty sure that no thing existed. We need an astronomer here. Or a cosmologist...this is a topic for Dr. No, Queen of Slobovia!

FL :lookingcloser:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang
RickD wrote
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Sorry, Kenny, but your past obtusiveness and refusal to accept the plain definition of ''worldview'' has compromised your credibility in my eyes. Let's wait until someone who knows what they are talking about gives us an opinion on the BB singularity.

Unlike you, I don't BS. I'll admit that I have limited knowledge about this topic.

FL :)
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Kenny wrote:
RickD wrote:
FL wrote:
There was never a time when nothing existed. Time itself came into existence at the Big Bang. Before the BB, there was no time, no nothin'.*

Ken
No mix up Kenny. You wrote this:
What existed before the Big Bang? The singular that expanded to become the big bang. What existed before that? Science does not claim to know.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:
RickD wrote:
FL wrote:

Ken
What existed before the Big Bang? The singular that expanded to become the big bang. What existed before that? Science does not claim to know.
I never claimed before the big bang no time, no nothing existed. That was someone elses claim

Ken
RickD wrote
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Kenny wrote:
RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:
RickD wrote:
FL wrote:

Ken
I never claimed before the big bang no time, no nothing existed. That was someone elses claim

Ken
Kenny,
It looks like you picked right up with the same confusion you had before. Here's what you said:
Kenny wrote:
The Big Bang was the beginning of the Universe AS WE KNOW IT. Science does not claim there was a time in history when absolutely nothing existed.
Kenny,
You said that the Big Bang was the beginning of the universe...

And like I told you, the universe is all space and matter that exists.

So, you did claim that before the Big Bang, no time, no nothing existed.

Stop being ridiculous Kenny.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

RickD

I agree; the Universe is all matter that exists.
My exact word were: "The Big Bang was the beginning of the Universe AS WE KNOW IT. Now why do you supposed I put those 4 words in caps?

K
Last edited by Kenny on Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
RickD wrote
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

The singularity is singularity from General Relativity theory. In General Relativity, after the Big Bang, the spacetime was born. General Relativity itself is not enough to describe our universe. Physicists try to combine it with quantum theory. Until we have a theory that combines all 4 forces we do not really know to say more about beginning of the universe.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

I don't think scientists really know; I think they are just giving us the best information avaliable to them at this time. In the future as they get new information; I am sure their claims will change.

Ken
RickD wrote
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Sorry, Kenny, but your past obtusiveness and refusal to accept the plain definition of ''worldview'' has compromised your credibility in my eyes. Let's wait until someone who knows what they are talking about gives us an opinion on the BB singularity.

Unlike you, I don't BS. I'll admit that I have limited knowledge about this topic.

FL :)
The only thing that was accomplished with our previous conversation of "worldview" was.... when pressed, your claims fall apart like a house of cards after which you run away with your tail between your legs. I agree with you it's best you stay away from this conversation and let someone more qualified speak; so.... go away young man; Grown folks talkin' here!

Ken
RickD wrote
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Kenny wrote:The only thing that was accomplished with our previous conversation of "worldview" was.... when pressed, your claims fall apart like a house of cards after which you run away with your tail between your legs. I agree with you it's best you stay away from this conversation and let someone more qualified speak; so.... go away young man; Grown folks talkin' here!Ken
You disappoint me, Kenny. I actually thought that you had made progress in growing out of your immature mindset.

It seems that nothing has changed.

FL :shakehead:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
outlaw
Established Member

Post by outlaw »

post deleted by moderator.

Outlaw,
This Questions for Christians forum is for people to ask questions, and get answers BY CHRISTIANS. It's not a forum for you to push your anti God agenda. Please follow the board guidelines, and please respect the purposes of the forums we have here.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Kenny wrote:I don't think scientists really know; I think they are just giving us the best information avaliable to them at this time. In the future as they get new information; I am sure their claims will change.

Ken
Since science is about observation and rational deduction from those observations, science can only ever give its best "educated conclusion" withing those circumstances and YES, no scientific "fact" is ever written in stone in the sense that science is ALWAYS open to evidence that shows it's conclusions may be wrong.
It is always important to distinguish between a scientific question and a philosophic one.

Too many times problems are propagated because people either don't realize or know the difference or DON'T want to accept there is a difference.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

The Big Bang was the beginning of the EXPANSION of the KNOWN universe ( not to nit pick).