Question on faith

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Question on faith

Post by B. W. »

Audie wrote:
B. W. wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
Audie wrote: Science does not do truth.
Really?
All the laws we have are not true?
Water doesn't boil at 100 C or freeze at 0C ?
Gravity doesn't exist?
There are no electrons?
Nuclear energy doesn't exist ?

Science is ALL ABOUT discovering the truth about the world we can observe AND starts from the premise that we CAN discover the truth.
I was thinking the same thing...
-
-
-

Regarding the answer on the first page - the souse of power should have read the sure power, my typo error. I was referring to your own words. Now re-read the quote below as I corrected it and then note your own statement: Science does not do truth and again look at what I wrote corrected below...
B. W. wrote:
Audie wrote:I often see people say that God's word says thus and so, so they will have faith in God's word, not in (insert science, man's reasoning, etc). It is presented as that their take on something is solidly backed up by God's words.

I wonder if it isnt often that they have faith in themselves, as having the sure power to know just what God meant by what is in the Bible.

How would anyone know which is which?
Being a former atheist and a militant one at that and then coming to Jesus I discovered how real the Holy Spirit is when he teaches. So it is more on relationship with the living God in a manner that is omni-personal, as Canuckster1127 mentioned. The Lord uses the bible to reveal to us himself in a wide range of ways that serve as a guide to the blind teaching how to see. From that living relationship we discover, by him, how each number has meaning in the bible that tell his story, as do the meanings of names. Even the colors mentioned in the bible and items in the old temple reveal things that all connect to Christ and all add up to this: that a superior intelligence inspired this amazing book beyond all doubt. In this, you are blind too, as I once was.

So you ask if it isn't all just about having faith in oneself as the sure power in how the bible is interpreted or not. So I answer with a question I once asked you earlier:

You claimed earlier to be good but are you perfect?
Sorry but I didnt get it if you want a response or you've just a rhetorical question for me there.
ARE YOU PERFECT OR NOT?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

I did not claim to be good. Perfection is an ideal, and as such it is unattainable.
Of course I am not perfect. How does that deal with my q. about people's evident faith in
their ability to claim they can speak for what God meant?

Are you agreeing that all are fallible, and such claims lack merit?
Would have been easier to just say so.

Other than that...

I dont see any value in a conversation that starts with a false assertion about me.

I sent a pm to 1/137 yesterday about another mod who found it appropriate to
invent things about me and indulge in name-calling.

If my presence is not welcome here, you can get together and block me. Or say "go thou forth" with or without a bell,
book, or candle, I will depart.

Try to be honest about it, tho. Nothing trumped up.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Audie wrote:I did not claim to be good. Perfection is an ideal, and as such it is unattainable.
Of course I am not perfect. How does that deal with my q. about people's evident faith in

Other than that...

I dont see any value in a conversation that starts with a false assertion about me.

If my presence is not welcome here, you can get together and block me. Or say "go thou forth" with or without a bell,

If you are not good then and not perfect, then would you agree that human beings are dysfunctional?
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

B. W. wrote:
Audie wrote:I did not claim to be good. Perfection is an ideal, and as such it is unattainable.

Other than that...

If you are not good then and not perfect, then would you agree that human beings are dysfunctional?
-
-
-
Of course
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Audie wrote:
B. W. wrote:

Other than that...

Of course
"This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were dysfunctional. For everyone who does dysfunction hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed..." so goes John 3:19-20 using the original meaning for a certain word.

Do you really love the darkness that dysfunction brings more than light?

If not, then why do you waste your own time defending yourself to remain in your own dysfunction?
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

No point in a discussion irrelevant to the op and based instead on your projections and imaginings about me