Does anything attract you to Atheism?

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Does anything attract you to Atheism?

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
Audie: It ifar from true to say that any honest creationist has much knowledge of science. Possible access, and actual comprehension, knowledge are not the same, at all.
:shakehead:

Audie, that statement has ZERO credibility - and you KNOW it! More than a few well-known PhDs are a creationist.
Philip,

Not sure if it makes a difference, but a few posts back, Audie said that by "creationist", she means YEC and Gap theorist. It seems she doesn't take creationist to mean OECs and TE's. At least she didn't include the latter 2 in her definition.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Philip wrote:
Audie: It ifar from true to say that any honest creationist has much knowledge of science. Possible access, and actual comprehension, knowledge are not the same, at all.
:shakehead:

Audie, that statement has ZERO credibility - and you KNOW it! More than a few well-known PhDs are a creationist.
Philip,

Not sure if it makes a difference, but a few posts back, Audie said that by "creationist", she means YEC and Gap theorist. It seems she doesn't take creationist to mean OECs and TE's. At least she didn't include the latter 2 in her definition.

RD is a excitable sort.

My own (ex) father in law is a PhD geologist. He says he is a "creationist" in the sense that he believes thatvGod is the author of creation. Like other geologists, he of course has no respect for the
silly yapping of yecs and gappists, thr two sorts of creationists I specified.

If you have any issue with my saying it is imposdible to be a sane, informed and honest yec / gap
then we can disagree on that. You are getting on my case for something you probably agree with-
and you know you cannot name an exception to what I said.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Sorry, Min, I guess I jumped to conclusion on what you meant. Of course, when one uses the term "creationist," it spans a spectrum. And, sadly, most people - often propelled by a lazy/or agenda-infused media - don't know the differences between creationists. However, there ARE YECs whom WELL understand the various strands of contemporary evolution theories, it's just that they disagree with naturalism's interpretations of the evidence. Some such people are highly intelligent AND qualified, and yet are more influenced by how they interpret the creation passages in Scripture. OF course, many OEC scientists AGREE that the evidences reveal a 14 billion year universe, and yet they ALSO reject unguided macroevolution.

Min, was your ex-FIL a Christian?
IceMobster
Christian: No

Post by IceMobster »

Audie wrote:Please employ a usable format, and ask direct and relevant questions if you would please.
Not a problem, milady.

PROVIDE THE PROOF (I hope this is a usable format) OF A TRANSITIONAL ANIMAL FOSSIL.
BY TRANSITIONAL ANIMAL I MEAN THE FOLLOWING: i.e. GIRAFFE WHOSE NECK IS NOT AS LONG AS TODAY'S ONE, WHILE YOU CAN CONCLUDE, FROM THE FOSSILS, THAT IT GREW OVER TIME WHICH INDICATES THE EVOLUTIONARY PROCESS.

I will refrain from asking more questions in fear all of them will be ignored and replaced with insults, as it did happen the last 2-3 times.

In case you think this is not a usable format, make sure to tell me which color I should use in my next reply, thank you.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

IceMobster wrote:
Audie wrote:Please employ a usable format, and ask direct and relevant questions if you would please.
Not a problem, milady.

PROVIDE THE PROOF (I hope this is a usable format) OF A TRANSITIONAL ANIMAL FOSSIL.
BY TRANSITIONAL ANIMAL I MEAN THE FOLLOWING: i.e. GIRAFFE WHOSE NECK IS NOT AS LONG AS TODAY'S ONE, WHILE YOU CAN CONCLUDE, FROM THE FOSSILS, THAT IT GREW OVER TIME WHICH INDICATES THE EVOLUTIONARY PROCESS.

I will refrain from asking more questions in fear all of them will be ignored and replaced with insults, as it did happen the last 2-3 times.

In case you think this is not a usable format, make sure to tell me which color I should use in my next reply, thank you.
She might not appreciate the caps :P ;)
Its amazing how it can really have an effect as actually SHOUTING
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Nessa wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
Not a problem, milady.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT NESSA?

HEY! IT'S KIND OF STRANGE HOW IN YOUR HEAD WORDS IN CAPITALS ARE READ AS SCREAMING.

LIKE REALLY IN YOUR HEAD THIS IS SCREAMING RIGHT NOW. LIKE I WANT TO CLOSE MY EARS, BUT ITS IN MY HEAD.

HEH. STRANGE HUH? OR IS IT JUST ME WHERE READING CAPS IS LIKE SCREAMING HURTING MY MIND'S "EARS"?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
Not a problem, milady.

HEY! IT'S KIND OF STRANGE HOW IN YOUR HEAD WORDS IN CAPITALS ARE READ AS SCREAMING.

LIKE REALLY IN YOUR HEAD THIS IS SCREAMING RIGHT NOW. LIKE I WANT TO CLOSE MY EARS, BUT ITS IN MY HEAD.

HEH. STRANGE HUH? OR IS IT JUST ME WHERE READING CAPS IS LIKE SCREAMING HURTING MY MIND'S "EARS"?
Must be a full moon tonight...
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
Not a problem, milady.

HEY! DID YOU KNOW YOUR FLY IS DOWN?

'Oh sh**t!'
*pets fly's head* 'You'll be alright, little buddy..chin up! We will get you some new wings'
:lol:

Yep, full moon :P
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
Not a problem, milady.

OMG. HOW DID YOU KNOW? AND WHAT YOU DOING LOOKING DOWN THERE ANYWAY?!?
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
IceMobster wrote: Not a problem, milady.

I was looking at Mrs K and she was looking down there and I went to see what she was looking at :P

WELL, I wont be following her gaze anymore :econfused: :lol:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:

I was looking at Mrs K and she was looking down there and I went to see what she was looking at :P

Speaking of gaze...where's Kurieuo?

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote: WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT NESSA?

You mean what is he looking at?
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Sorry... err... :econfused: just had a quick ... nap.
Mrs K and I were just a bit tired.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:

You mean what is he looking at?
No. I associate Kurieuo with a different kind of gaze.

Think homophones, with the emphasis on homo. ;)

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:Sorry... err... :econfused: just had a quick ... nap.
Mrs K and I were just a bit tired.
http://youtu.be/tpGRdX5sUAs

-Edward R Murrow