marijuana/prostitution

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: marijuana/prostitution

Post by jenna »

I personally believe marijuana should be legal. If you want to smoke it, that would be your choice. But it also has many other uses. Marijuana can be used to make paper, clothing, food, and other uses. It's a well-known fact that it also has medicinal properties as well. I don't think prostitution should be legal. That is amoral and just plain wrong. However if marijuana were legal, I think alot of people in the illegal drug business would find themselves out of a job, therefore it would cut back on crime. And in case anyone hasn't noticed already, marijuana is the ONLY drug that cannot be overdosed on. Alcohol can, I think it should be made illegal. Yes, marijuana has side effects, but which would you rather come across- someone smoking weed or a drunk person? Who would be more likely to commit crime? Such as fighting, beatings, killing, etc.
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
JCSx2
Valued Member
Sex: Male

Post by JCSx2 »

jenwat3 wrote:Yes, marijuana has side effects.

Yea You either take a nap, or you want to make stuff.

I agree it should be made legal. The benefits with crime reduction and saving government funds wasted on locking up a pot smoker alone would be worth the change. THEN the government could tax it. CHA CHING!!! More money for our government to waste on stupid stuff like raises in congress..
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

JCSx2 wrote:
jenwat3 wrote:Yes, marijuana has side effects.

Yea You either take a nap, or you want to make stuff.

I agree it should be made legal. The benefits with crime reduction and saving government funds wasted on locking up a pot smoker alone would be worth the change. THEN the government could tax it. CHA CHING!!! More money for our government to waste on stupid stuff like raises in congress..
Yeah, make it legal and then tax it. Good point :?
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
hp2007
Acquainted Member
Christian: No

Post by hp2007 »

Marijuana poses health threats, so it really doesn't matter if it doesn't alter your state of being too much. It all depends on your attitude towards marijuana. If you do it to escape problems or to make you feel better, than your life will eventually fall apart. Marijuana is dangerous because it alters your perception and judgment. As for all medical purposes, I think we have a long way to go before that happens.
As for alcohol i think the age limit for it should be increased. Maybe to 30. 21 hasn't proved to be a very appropriate age yet.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

So you say marijuana poses health threats, and alters your perception and judgement, yet you are not against making alcohol illegal, merely raising the age limit? Alcohol has far worse side effects then marijuana could ever dream of having. :shock:
hp2007
Acquainted Member

Post by hp2007 »

I said that was my opinion; if it doesn't make sense to you, then post your own thoughts. Please don't tell me what's wrong or not. For that, I only said the age for drinking should be higher because of what would happen if alcohol was illegal. Alcohol is more addicting and as it posses more health risks, people would be more desperate for it. You have to think long term. The reason marijuana isn't legal is because the government would take all of the THC out of it.
Next time, don't include your snide comments.
Last edited by hp2007 on Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

hp2007 wrote:I said that was my opinion; if it doesn't make sense to you, then post your own thoughts. Please don't tell me what's stupid or not. For that, I only said the age for drinking should be higher because of what would happen if alcohol was illegal. Alcohol is more addicting and as it posses more health risks, people would be more desperate for it. You have to think long term. The reason marijuana isn't legal is because the government would take all of the THC out of it.
Next time, don't include your snide comments.

Um, she never called you stupid....and if that sort of thing irritates you, then may I return the request to you and stop saying that Christians do not have brains...
hp2007
Acquainted Member

Post by hp2007 »

She didn't say it was stupid.
Oh and I just found out about that one post. My friend wanted to share a member name, but I don't think that is going to work, I'm getting too confused. Anyway, sorry to all!
good night :D
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Marijuana isn't exactly as harmless as many think..

Dr. Robert L. DuPont, former director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse in the United States, who in the past was quoted as minimizing danger from marijuana, more stated: "The real issue is the health danger posed by this epidemic [of marijuana use by the younger generation], danger of at least two kinds.

1. One is the effects of the intoxication, ranging from the hazardous impact on driving to caring less about everything.

2. The other area is purely physical. Here the concerns range from the regular occurrence of chronic bronchitis among marijuana users to the very real possibilities of harmful hormonal effects, effects on the immune system and possibly even cancer."-Montreal Gazette.

As for me, a former pot smoker myself, I had an extreme case of chronic bronchitis in which I was on medication for weeks to cure. God only knows what damage that smoke did to my lungs..

Science Digest also provided these details: "Regular marijuana puffing may, in the long run, widen the gaps between nerve endings in the brain that are necessary for such vital functions as memory, emotion and behavior. In order for nerves to perform their functions, they must communicate between themselves." Then, commenting on the results of tests involving animals, the article continues: "The most marked effects occurred in the septal region, associated with emotions; the hippocampus, concerned with memory formation; and the amygdala, responsible for certain behavioral functions."

Alcohol is a food and is metabolized by the body to provide energy; the end products are disposed of by the body. However, a psycho pharmacologist said: "Marijuana is a very potent drug, and the biggest mistake we make is comparing it to alcohol." "Molecule for molecule, THC [in marijuana] is thousands of times stronger than alcohol in its ability to produce mild intoxication. . . THC is removed slowly from the body, and many months are required to recover from its effects."

God knows how we are made, and his Word permits moderate use of alcoholic beverages. (Ps.104:15; 1 Tim. 5:23) But he also strongly condemns immoderate consumption of alcohol, just as he condemns gluttony.-Prov. 23:20, 21; 1 Cor. 6:9, 10. PL was right here...

Simply put we should stay away from smoking marijuana use..

HOWEVER with all of this said, in some cases, in a controlled environment and with doctor supervision, I don't see why it can't be used for medical treatments.. There are many other drugs on the market that have the same affect as marijuana anyways.. But if we were to do this right, it should NOT be smoked... Period. That smoke is full of toxins and it can cause the same damage to your lungs as smoking a cigarette...

Just my two cents...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Just to clarify: I never said marijuana was harmless. I know from experience that it isn't. But there are a lot more benefits from it than there are from alcohol. Again, who would you rather come across, a person who was drinking heavily or someone high from pot?
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

jenwat3 wrote:Just to clarify: I never said marijuana was harmless. I know from experience that it isn't. But there are a lot more benefits from it than there are from alcohol. Again, who would you rather come across, a person who was drinking heavily or someone high from pot?
For me neither... As a former pot smoker myself, I almost killed another driver by running them off the freeway. I'm not joking about this either.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Yes, marijuana can definitely be dangerous, no question there. But my question is how many times do you actually hear reports on dangerous marijuana aas opposed to alcohol?
Swamper
Valued Member

Post by Swamper »

Just for the sake of playing devil's advocate, I should like to take this opportunity to point out that I can think of a couple of ways to use marijuana that do not produce any harmful smoke (and no, I've never used marijuana in any form)...
God's in his Heaven, all's right with the world.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Yes, very good point, although you didn't say what those uses were. Marijuana can be used in food, can be used to make paper, clothing, etc. Smoking it is the only bad usage I know of. And actuall, for medicinal reasons, that way also has it's benefits. Yes, alcohol also has its benefits, but marijuana far outweighs the alcohol in benefits and uses, as long as it is used properly.
JCSx2
Valued Member

Post by JCSx2 »

jenwat3 wrote:Yes, very good point, although you didn't say what those uses were. Marijuana can be used in food, can be used to make paper, clothing, etc. Smoking it is the only bad usage I know of. And actuall, for medicinal reasons, that way also has it's benefits. Yes, alcohol also has its benefits, but marijuana far outweighs the alcohol in benefits and uses, as long as it is used properly.

There is a new device that heats up the product and vaporizes off the THC, no cancer causing elements are produced.

It is called a Vaporizer.

There is another way also that takes out the THC and you can make it in a "Pill Form" with a gelatin capsule and the liquefied THC inside it. Medical users sometimes use this method, but very difficult and time consuming to do.

As far as ANY “Government Study” on Marijuana, they are all biased due to the fact that the Government is paying for these studies.

For a truly unbiased study it needs to be paid for by someone who is not going to benefit in any way from the study.

Studies paid for by “PRO Marijuana” whoever, well guess what they will say……
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.