The Burden of Proof.

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

The Burden of Proof.

Post by Silvertusk »

I was just thinking yesterday how when it comes to athiests asking for absolute proof for God existence before they believe - I for one think we never will find that absolute proof because God will never allow it.

I was thinking about what our relationship with God would be like if we had absolute proof that he existed. Christians would obviously be very happy, but non-christians would be put in a situation where they are forced to believe. Knowing some athiests I know that this would be unbearable to them and there certainly will not be any love there for sure.

If God wants us to love him then he wants us to do it freely - we have to find God on our own free will. Jesus said that if we seek God we will find him - that is the crux of the matter - we have to actively seek him to find him. Some athiests don't make that first move they just sit still waiting for evidence to be handed them on a plate, which of course will never happen, ever IMHO. So they will never be satisfied.

Even when God did prove himself in the old Testament - look what happened there - the Israelites abandoned him again and again and again. Absolute proof does not bring people closer to God. The person needs to actively seek him. Some who is seeking, wants to find answers and wants to find God. Someone who doesn't seek - doesn't care.

God has given us the clues to his existence but only people who want to find him will. So I guess if someone asks me why doesn't God give absolute proof that he exists - then that is the answer I will give.

God Bless

Silvertusk.
j316
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by j316 »

Makes sense to me, good point.