abort?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Prodigal Son
Christian: No

abort?

Post by Prodigal Son »

if carrying your child to term could harm/kill your wife (or you for women), would you abort the baby? any scripture you would use to support your decision?
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I hope I never have to face such a moral dilemma in my life. However, my wife says she would carry our baby to term and die giving birth if necessary. If it were known for sure she would die, I would personally prefer her not to sacrifice her life since she is more important to me. On the other hand, I wouldn't want her living with guilt or depression afterwards because she put her life before our babies. In which case I would support her decision to allow the life of our baby to survive instead.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

I'm sure EVERY abortion is a life and death situation, that's why abortion MUST be kept legal, or innocent women will die all over the world...*sarcasm*
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Prodigal Son
Christian: No

Post by Prodigal Son »

k,

that's a brave thing for her to say.
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

Kurieuo, you are speaking as a husband.

My husband says he would choose me over the baby since I bring him breakfast in bed. OK, he was teasing... although I do bring him breakfast in bed. I don't know his real answer because he found the question too distasteful and unnecessary to answer.

However, speaking as a mother...
Mother love is so strong that a mother will die fighting to save her infant if necessary. I know this kind of love and know for sure that, should my child's life be threatened, I would indeed "fight to the death" in order to save him.
That being so, should there have been any question of which one of us to save (the child would of course need to be viable ex-utero for there to be any meaningful "choice") I know for sure I would have told my obstetric attendants to save my baby if they could not save us both.