Favorite Christian Music Artists?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Ark~Magic
Established Member

Favorite Christian Music Artists?

Post by Ark~Magic »

Does anyone here have any favorite Christian music artists? And I don't mean secular. I mean IN Christian music (although I do enjoy quite a bit of secular stuff).

For me it's:
Relient K
Spoken
Switchfoot
Earthsuit
All Star United
Nate Sallie (he's HOT! :P)
FM Static
"And I shall slay them who partake of futurism, for in the preterist light there will be everlasting salvation, truth, and peace." ~ Faust
TimM1104
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by TimM1104 »

Switchfoot
Cross Movement
John Reuban
Grits
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

I like:

FFH
Casting Crowns
Crystal Lewis
TobyMac
Michael W. Smith
MercyMe
TimM1104
Recognized Member

Post by TimM1104 »

yes tobymac! my favorite song in all is Irene.. haha love it "HUSH LIL BABY DONT YOU CRY, DaDDYS GOIN TO SING YOU A LLULLLAABYY"
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

lol when I saw Dolly your all gona laugh 8)
But halos and Horns
Hello god and welcome home
they are my favourite.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by BavarianWheels »

Old School Stryper!
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

BavarianWheels wrote:.
Old School Stryper!
Never heard of them, sounds satanic. :shock:
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

I Like

Petra
Thousand Foot Crutch
Toby Mac
SonicFlood
Friday's Cry (Canadian Band)
BavarianWheels
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by BavarianWheels »

Thinker wrote:
BavarianWheels wrote:.
Old School Stryper!
Never heard of them, sounds satanic. :shock:
Well...they get their name from the bible text that reads, "...by His stripes we are healed..." They are a Heavy Metal Christian band that started in the early 80's. Haven't heard if they are still active, but had some of their music. Really different, but "Christian."
Ark~Magic
Established Member

RE:

Post by Ark~Magic »

Haven't heard if they are still active, but had some of their music.
Stryper: "The Yellow and Black Attack"
Yes, they got back together recently and did a new album. Had one good song that I heard, but didn't get to listen to the rest yet.
"And I shall slay them who partake of futurism, for in the preterist light there will be everlasting salvation, truth, and peace." ~ Faust
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

Petra takes the cake. Beyond belief - the best Christian album ever. In fact, best album ever period.

Stryper's great too. I gotta check out their new stuff.

And hey, I may take flack but I like Amy Grant, esspecially in the 80's. Sing your praise to the Lord is one of my all-time favourites. Love of another kind, Open Arms, Old Man's Rubble, Angels... Great music. If only I could get them in high-res audio. :)

Interesting though... For the people who have responded and know, what are some artists lately that would closely resemble Petra? Maybe I need to buy some new music; though the last bunch of CD's was rather disappointing... I havent even really heard some of the stuff being mentioned.
roysr
Familiar Member

Post by roysr »

Neal Morse's solo material and his work with Spock's Beard. And as far as guitar playing goes, they don't come any better Phil Keaggy!

And another Christian fusion artist I like is Scott Jones. He is an extremely talented multi-instrumentalist and composer and it is a shame he doesn't get more mainstream recognition (I only discovered him after seeing him post on a message board hehe). Anyhow, I am going to give his site a shameless plug because he deserves it....

http://www.progressiveartsmusic.com/scottjones_main.htm

( and If you can't tell already, im a big fan of prog, fusion and jazz etc..)
roysr
Familiar Member

Post by roysr »

Felgar wrote:Interesting though... For the people who have responded and know, what are some artists lately that would closely resemble Petra? Maybe I need to buy some new music; though the last bunch of CD's was rather disappointing... I havent even really heard some of the stuff being mentioned.
Neal Morse has quite a few audio clips and even full length singles for download on his website. Give them a listen ("author of confusion" is one of my favs off the "one" album)...

http://www.nealmorse.com/audio.asp

I love how he combines elements of Yes, Genesis and the Beetles etc. in his music.
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Felgar wrote:Petra takes the cake. Beyond belief - the best Christian album ever. In fact, best album ever period.

Stryper's great too. I gotta check out their new stuff.

And hey, I may take flack but I like Amy Grant, esspecially in the 80's. Sing your praise to the Lord is one of my all-time favourites. Love of another kind, Open Arms, Old Man's Rubble, Angels... Great music. If only I could get them in high-res audio. :)

Interesting though... For the people who have responded and know, what are some artists lately that would closely resemble Petra? Maybe I need to buy some new music; though the last bunch of CD's was rather disappointing... I havent even really heard some of the stuff being mentioned.
Petra :) Good Band and Beyond Belief was the best Tape :wink: I have heard!
Amy Grant was good and actually is even Better now! She is more into Christian Music then I find she was in the 80's. I think you would like "Friday's Cry" Felgar! They are pure Rock and a Touch or Rap But have an Up beat Temple and All for Jesus
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

Switchfoot, Michael W. Smith. Love Joy William's Hide. I don't know, they are all good.

I have a question a bit off topic. Sometimes I get tired of listening to Christian music and I feel guilty...like I should like it all the time. Happen to anyone else? Should I like it all the time?