A window into my beleifs.

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

A window into my beleifs.

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Having posted tirelessly in this board to clarify what science really is, I grow tired. Throughout my postings I have been wary of sharing what my beleifs are. I feel, having posted so voluminously on this board, that I owe this community a glimpse and perhaps more on what it is that feed my spiritual being.

Please respect that these are my beleifs.

People who feel wronged and dole out justice generally tend to deal out a disproportionate punishment for a crime. This leads to escalation of hostility.

But Why?

Because if one is wronged one doesn't try to feel the others pain and are therefore unaware of the amount of suffering one is causing.

What is the answer?
I will not wrong back, I will not try to punish.

If a child is being beaten by older children I intervene and protect the child. I do not chase after the older children and beat them in turn.

You may ask what about those who got away with their crimes? Don't let it anger you, many oppurtunities come up where you can prevent crimes and help those in need. Be angry at yourself for not taking action.

You may also ask what is the source of my truth?
I would respond does it matter?
If a fool utters words of wisdom, are they not words of wisdom?
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

You've not been clarifying what origin science is-you've been talking about operational science as if evolution is operational science.

Also-what are the chances a fool would be wise?
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:You've not been clarifying what origin science is-you've been talking about operational science as if evolution is operational science.

Also-what are the chances a fool would be wise?
I am sorry KMart please stay on topic this thread is for my beleifs not evolution or science.

But I will answer you question, biology, specifically organic chemistry has lead to the development of synthetic fibers, plastics, and other compounds. Is it not an operational science? It was not until mendelean genetics was fused with darwinian evolution and the discovery of the double helix that genetics and evolution became what it is today. What you fail to understand is that it is a process not an answer. The same process of discovery allows us to have things like microwaves and cell phones. Theories open up the mind to new experiments which allow us to gather more observations which in turn force us to revisit theories, this is the scientific process.

Physics has many unanswered questions as well even the very nature of gravity and time are in question, but you do not argue against the validity of physics?

What is operational science?
Last edited by BGoodForGoodSake on Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Was replying to your statements-I'm not off topic.

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

-Anonymous
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:Having posted tirelessly in this board to clarify what science really is, I grow tired. Throughout my postings I have been wary of sharing what my beleifs are. I feel, having posted so voluminously on this board, that I owe this community a glimpse and perhaps more on what it is that feed my spiritual being.
Are you sure?
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:Having posted tirelessly in this board to clarify what science really is, I grow tired. Throughout my postings I have been wary of sharing what my beleifs are. I feel, having posted so voluminously on this board, that I owe this community a glimpse and perhaps more on what it is that feed my spiritual being.
Are you sure?
Yep

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
Are you sure?
Yep
I suppose you don't care for my beleifs then, and would rather discuss science? Even though this thread is a posting of my spiritual beleifs?
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

BGoodForGoodSake

I could be wrong, but I do believe that your spiritual beliefs are not so different to some of the teachings of Jesus Christ.

They all fall under the commandment taught by him to love your fellow man. (all those you stated in your post anyway) 8)

Did you realize that your following one of the two most important commandments as stated by Jesus.
Matthew 22:39
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Deborah wrote:BGoodForGoodSake

I could be wrong, but I do believe that your spiritual beliefs are not so different to some of the teachings of Jesus Christ.

They all fall under the commandment taught by him to love your fellow man. (all those you stated in your post anyway) 8)

Did you realize that your following one of the two most important commandments as stated by Jesus.
I may not beleive that Jesus is the son of God, which causes anger or dismay in some people. But I must say that if someone was the son of God, Jesus in the bible is the best candidate. His story makes me cry, the grace he presented to the world, the love he had for fellow man. The sacrifice God made is a wonderful story.

I am sorry if I offend by calling it a story.
I do beleive he once lived.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

There are many stories in the bible inspired by god to help man understand to message sent by god through the various writers of the different books. That message is love him and humanity with all we are.
Why? Because he loved us first.
I personally do not believe that the life of Jesus is just a story.
thankyou for sharing your spiritual beliefs with us.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

Yes, BGoodForGoodSake, it is good you hold spiritual beliefs. It is good to be connected with the divine. However, I am not sure WHY you don't believe Jesus is the Son of God, yet you believe He existed, I would say that He is more of the Son of God than we are the sons of God. There is much evidence and research that holds this view that He was and is indeed unique. The Bible teaches us that Jesus is part of God. Both human and God at the same time. He died as a human, He prayed to His Father in heaven because He was still human at the time, He had to get permission from His Father to perform miracles for people. Yet because He was human, He still was limited, BUT, He was the ONLY one that could perform miracles. There are many, many cases for this, a lot of evidence littered all over the internet and in books and libraries.

I am thinking you are either Islamic or Jewish or Pagan or Wicca or whatever else exists, maybe more Jewish, but I have evidence that you are neither of any :wink:. I knew this girl who acts much like you do on all topics that you have been debating with us. She is pagan, knows a god or gods exists but is not sure whether Jesus is who He says He is. She is also a scientific girl, lol. Whatever the case may be with you, Jesus still is the truth, the way, and the light/life. I have given you one example to you in a PM to you that He is who He claims to be. :wink:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:The sacrifice God made is a wonderful story.

So you say it is a wonderful sacrifice and that He lived, but you don't believe he is the TRUE Son of God? It also cant be a "story" if you believe He existed, however, everyone has their own life story, and that doesn't make it false. The Old Testament teaches that "WE created them in OUR image", The Old Testament teachings by the Torah do not reflect a complete God which the New Testament covers (and you say "NO DUH!").
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
Deborah wrote:BGoodForGoodSake

I may not beleive that Jesus is the son of God, which causes anger or dismay in some people. But I must say that if someone was the son of God, Jesus in the bible is the best candidate. His story makes me cry, the grace he presented to the world, the love he had for fellow man. The sacrifice God made is a wonderful story.

The way I see it, you can't use that argument that He didn't die (HECK, arguing He didn't come back to life shall only bash itself against the evidence). The Jews, whenever they attacked the Resurrection, always started out thinking "OK, we killed Him...now we have to explain why He's not rotting in that tomb"

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: A window into my beleifs.

Post by Felgar »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote: I will not wrong back, I will not try to punish.
So you turn the other cheak? I'm ok with that. :D

I think its important to understand that one's morality is not one's salvation. Jesus is our salvation - that is the message to be considered. It seems I've run into a great many people who refuse to accept Jesus, and attempt to compensate by "being good".. It just dont work that way.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Felgar wrote:

I think its important to understand that one's morality is not one's salvation. Jesus is our salvation - that is the message to be considered. It seems I've run into a great many people who refuse to accept Jesus, and attempt to compensate by "being good".. It just dont work that way.
I don't compensate by being good. I am compelled too.
I understand your beleifs, and I understand that according to them I am damned.
But for many holy people it is not fear of hell or punishment which compels them to do good. It is the realization of the injustice and inequality of the world which compels them.

And I strive to do the same.

Had to edit it that last statement it was written incorrectly.
Last edited by BGoodForGoodSake on Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
Felgar wrote:

I don't compensate by being good. I am compelled too.
I understand your beleifs, and I understand that according to them I am damned.
But as with many holy people it is not fear of hell or punishment which compels me do good. It is the realization of the injustice and inequality of the world which compels me.
So where does your being good COME FROM then if "it is the realization of the injustice and inequality of the world which compels" you? What is it that compels you to help people when you couldn't care less about them in the first place, what is the source? Where does this care come from? Is it a random accident that we are created to do good for others?