"I have seen many demons, but I have yet to meet a God.

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Ark~Magic
Established Member

"I have seen many demons, but I have yet to meet a God.

Post by Ark~Magic »

Does anybody know what the role of 'angels' is, anyway?

Personally, I believe more in demons' power than with angels. I've probably talked and interacted with many demons, I definately have felt their power, I'm probably possessed too, but hardly ever with these 'angels'. So what the heck are they supposed to be there for? I think if they are actually here, they do a very awful job. And I don't see why we'd need angels if we have God.
"And I shall slay them who partake of futurism, for in the preterist light there will be everlasting salvation, truth, and peace." ~ Faust
smrpgx
Acquainted Member
Christian: No

Post by smrpgx »

Demons are angels. Evil angels, but angels nonetheless.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Post by B. W. »

smrpgx wrote:Demons are angels. Evil angels, but angels nonetheless.
Depending on context and continuity of scripture - the word angel can refer to messengers from God either spiritual or human. The word angel is used in a variety of constructs in the bible and the context of scripture refines the meaning.

The word also refers to fallen spiritual entities. According to scripture they busy themselves by creating doubt about God, blame God for all wrong doing, accuse people before God, sow discord, make a person deeply depressed i.e. heavy, promote death and anything to bring God to disrepute among other intelligent living beings.

They also promote the following three principles: One, use scripture wrongly to promote personal ego for some type of profit. Secondly, promote power to lord it over another as a god would, and thirdly, tell all that there is no consequences for ones actions and deeds — that God will never punish one therefore do as you please.

Why God did not stop these entities is a topic of worth debate.
IRQ Conflict
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: "I have seen many demons, but I have yet to meet a

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Ark~Magic wrote:Does anybody know what the role of 'angels' is, anyway?

The term "angel" comes from the Greek word "angelos" (the Hebrew equivalent is "malak"). Both words mean "messenger". Another definition is 'Ministering Spirits'.
Personally, I believe more in demons' power than with angels.
The only 'power' demons have is that which you give them (as far as they are concerned with you). As a rule they are only allowed to do that which God alows them to do.
I've probably talked and interacted with many demons, I definately have felt their power, I'm probably possessed too

I too was subject to 'feeling' the evil of these 'sub-angels' as a young adult I suffered from sleep apnea. During the night I would dream, and as my lungs stopped filling with air and I grasped at the atmosphere in my mind, small black shadows filled the room and all I felt was fear. That fear I felt was not my own, it stemmed from these beings. It was not power so much as fear and despair that I felt.

Although the fear I felt seemed to be mine, I am convinced it didn't originate from me, but permeated me and mixed with the panic I felt as I tried to breathe. One thing I regret though as I woke up I found myself crying for help, not to Jesus, but to my girlfriend. (who wasn't there, but Jesus was). -Hebrews 13:5, "I will never leave you nor forsake you"

As far as being possessed, I highly doubt it (although not impossible) I think the term 'oppressed' might be more fitting in your case. All of us (incl Christians) can be oppressed by demonic forces depending on how far we let their suggestions go and how much knowledge of the Word we have at our disposal to detect and refute the deception. Luke 10:17
but hardly ever with these 'angels'. So what the heck are they supposed to be there for? I think if they are actually here, they do a very awful job.
Your not dead and your here seeking answers aren't you? ;)
And I don't see why we'd need angels if we have God.
Angeles were created by God to do the tasks he set out for them. It doesn't matter how God gets the job done, thats His buissiness. You can ask Him why? when you see him :)