The church

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Species_8472
Acquainted Member

The church

Post by Species_8472 »

...and a sledgehammer.
The gates of hell will not prevail against this church.
That's funny.
According to revelation the gates of hell did prevail and were opened by no other than the lamb himself.
Most will worship the beast (man thinking he is god). The beast is man thinking he knows the all. They will (they do) worship the creature more than the creator. That is the beast.
I see no mention of the church within revelation. (unless you include the part about the synagogue of satan)
no? I didn't think you would include that.

Does the church represent the true image of god?
An altar of gold in every church representing the glory of man before god?
A poor mans' religion hijacked. Listen!
Tell me--when the church essentially controlled every affair of every country of europe during the middle ages what kind of fruit did it bear?
A crusade or dozen. those who live by the sword shall fall by the sword.

Tell me--if the church is so enlightened and has had 2 millenia to exercise its' influence then why is there still money? poverty? (love of)
Money is the root of All evil. It says so right in the gospel, yet, that one eye-popping phrase of truth has been overlooked for two millenia.
(If there is money then someone is going to love it).

Why? I'll tell you why.

Matthew: 13

"1": The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side.

"2": And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

"3": And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

"4": And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

"5": Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

"6": And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

"7": And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

"8": But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

"9": Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

"10": And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

"11": He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

"12": For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

"13": Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

Buyers and sellers will not enter into the kingdom of my father--perhaps that is a key to the kingdom here on earth. A key to enlightenment. All Truth is simple. The way up is down.

I give you another key to ascension--called perception. It's a quick lesson.
every symbol, every word--leads to a different door of perception. every thought leads to another thought (and who can add thought for stature?); and what has not been perceived cannot be known until that door is opened. seek and you will find. knock and it will open up to you.

Jesus said, I AM THE DOORWAY TO PERCEPTION.

exercise of perception: THE EYE ALTERING ALTERS ALL.
If you can see that the preceding statement consists of two separate-perceptual doorways then you have a gift of perception. If you see it not then you see not.
What does this have to do with anything?

The bible consists of poetry and poetry is meant to be interpretted (not by closing perception through a mass of agreement but by the individual and their Own experience).

You disagree?

"3": And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

"4": And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

"5": Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

"6": And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

"7": And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

"8": But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

"9": Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

"10": And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

"11": He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

"12": For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

"13": Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

"14": And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

"15": For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

"16": But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

I see different perceptions of the word where the seeds fell.
and who perceives?

Imagine--the perceptual doorways that aren't even seen in the bible.

No one can know the nature of god?

seek and ye shall find? Knock and it shall be opened?
No one can?

You know not the nature of god? You know him not by what he speaks?

----------
...Herdsmen, I say, but they call themselves the good and just.
Herdsmen, I say, but they call themselves the believers in the
orthodox belief.
Behold the good and just! Whom do they hate most? Him who breaketh
up their tables of values, the breaker, the lawbreaker:- he,
however, is the creator.
Behold the believers of all beliefs! Whom do they hate most? Him who
breaketh up their tables of values, the breaker, the law-breaker-
he, however, is the creator.
Companions, the creator seeketh, not corpses- and not herds or
believers either. Fellow-creators the creator seeketh- those who grave
new values on new tables.
Companions, the creator seeketh, and fellow-reapers: for
everything is ripe for the harvest with him. But he lacketh the
hundred sickles: so he plucketh the ears of corn and is vexed.
Companions, the creator seeketh, and such as know how to whet
their sickles. Destroyers, will they be called, and despisers of
good and evil. But they are the reapers and rejoicers.
Fellow-creators, Zarathustra seeketh; fellow-reapers and
fellow-rejoicers, Zarathustra seeketh: what hath he to do with herds
and herdsmen and corpses!...

Nietzsche, Thus spake Zarathustra
Ark~Magic
Established Member

RE:

Post by Ark~Magic »

Revelation has already been fulfilled up until the part of Jesus's second coming. The beast was the roman empire back in 70AD.
"And I shall slay them who partake of futurism, for in the preterist light there will be everlasting salvation, truth, and peace." ~ Faust
Species_8472
Acquainted Member

Post by Species_8472 »

Rome isn't dead. Its very much alive. Its influence will continue until that serpents' head is crushed.
Believe it or not but the united states is based on the roman republic. Not to mention that the church is a remnant of rome.
Rome is not dead, merely adapted.
I could think of a greater beast than rome...oh...romes' daughter: the mother of all harlots...America.
Truth be told--a republic is not a democracy. Ill let you figure that one out.
The beast?
The beast is a constant throughout history. one form or another.
Ark~Magic
Established Member

RE:

Post by Ark~Magic »

True.
"And I shall slay them who partake of futurism, for in the preterist light there will be everlasting salvation, truth, and peace." ~ Faust
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Species_8472 wrote:Rome isn't dead. Its very much alive. Its influence will continue until that serpents' head is crushed.
Believe it or not but the united states is based on the roman republic. Not to mention that the church is a remnant of rome.
Rome is not dead, merely adapted.
I could think of a greater beast than rome...oh...romes' daughter: the mother of all harlots...America.
Truth be told--a republic is not a democracy. Ill let you figure that one out.
This all sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. Why don't you offer some proof?
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com