Prayer Request

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Mystical
Valued Member

Prayer Request

Post by Mystical »

:? This is kind of silly, but I'm a little sad right now. I am also a bit irritated with God. I feel like He hasn't given me any skills to serve Him with. There's nothing I am good at. Nothing I can give other people. I have given up on all the service I was involved in and really am getting down. I even cried today. I've been asking Him to use me, but I don't know if He wants to. :( Can anyone pray for me? For any relief: to find the path He wants to use me in or to accept where He's put me... Anything?
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Re: Prayer Request

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Mystical wrote::? This is kind of silly, but I'm a little sad right now. I am also a bit irritated with God. I feel like He hasn't given me any skills to serve Him with. There's nothing I am good at. Nothing I can give other people. I have given up on all the service I was involved in and really am getting down. I even cried today. I've been asking Him to use me, but I don't know if He wants to. :( Can anyone pray for me? For any relief: to find the path He wants to use me in or to accept where He's put me... Anything?
Here's what I have to say to you.

Go out and do what you have to do.

Don't wait for a sign or encouragement.

When you look back at what you have done, can you still say what you are saying now?

If you don't live in hunger and poverty than you have more to give than most. Skills are learned and honed not bestowed.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

I know how you feel.

Jesus said if we so much as Give a glass of water in his name we are serving him.

When I feel kind of useless I remember Moses standing before God. God choose to send him before Pharaoh, and Moses said I am slow of speech. Guess what God provided for his limitations and choose Aaron to do the talking. God said to Moses what is that in your hand. I think this is very telling. Moses had a walking stick/staff and God used that. A walking stick isn't anything of consequence really.

God be with you and strengthen your resolve to serve him, Mystical. Just remember he can provide for your limitations, and use whatever you have in your hand, no matter how insignificant it may seem to you.
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

Thank-you, guys. I must serve God in everything that I do. Service is not how much volunteer work I do or how well I do it. It's a giving of myself, my entire being to God; of living in every moment to the best of my abilities in His image. I will continue to focus on this thought.
Lady Bee
Acquainted Member
Christian: No

Post by Lady Bee »

I've been feeling exactly the same way. I think it's quite common to feel like that sometimes. I was talking to a friend about it and she completely understood too. :)

And yeah, that's what I realised too. Live for God. It doesn't matter if you're not good at something. You are unique and God will use what -you- have. And remember also that God can mould you and build you up. You may be surprised one day. ^_^

There is this passage in Colossians... *goes to find it*

Ooh yes. Here. Colossians 3:23
23Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

:D