Hell goof in the bible

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Religious Fanatic
Familiar Member
Christian: No

Hell goof in the bible

Post by Religious Fanatic »

How can there be weeping and gnashing of teeth in Hell if the physical body has been destroyed? (As the book of Matthew suggests)
numeral2_5
Established Member

Re: Hell goof in the bible

Post by numeral2_5 »

Religious Fanatic wrote:How can there be weeping and gnashing of teeth in Hell if the physical body has been destroyed? (As the book of Matthew suggests)
Allegorical as far as I'm concerned.
"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion."
-Abe Lincoln
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Hell goof in the bible

Post by puritan lad »

numeral2_5 wrote:
Religious Fanatic wrote:How can there be weeping and gnashing of teeth in Hell if the physical body has been destroyed? (As the book of Matthew suggests)
Allegorical as far as I'm concerned.
Maybe so, but the wicked will be bodily resurrected along with the righteous. Their "destruction" is not anihilation.

John 5:28-29
"Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation."
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
Poetic_Soul
Established Member

Post by Poetic_Soul »

Imagine if you were starving to death. Someone brings you a hot plate of food but you couldn't get to it. Due to the fact that your leg is chained to the wall. You would then be nashing and wailing for that plate of food.

God said in his word that those that are disobedient, he turned them over to sin. Those that die in their sins will still have the cravings of the flesh without being pleased. Imagine standing before God and soaking up the glory of his love, then being turned away due to not accepting Christ as your Savior. You're forever away from Gods love. That in itself will make anybody wail and nash their teeth.
IRQ Conflict
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Weeping and gnashing of teeth is a reference to the eternal torment that will befall all the wicked who choose death over life.

Just imagine the regret you might feel being striped of the privilege of being in the light and love of the one who first loved you-Forever!

Not to mention being eternally separated from those you loved on earth (family and friends) that went on to be with the Lord. We who choose death will undoubtably know that which God (had) in store for those that love Him.

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

I think that knowledge and loss alone would make you a little um...uncomfortable for say...eternity, don't you?

BTW RF, calling the church a 'brothel' and the title of the ignorance of this thread are grounds to reconsider your statemets and acusations no?