Alternate Eden Story - Gabriel Asks God Why

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Wall-dog
Established Member

Alternate Eden Story - Gabriel Asks God Why

Post by Wall-dog »

I took an OT class in college in which the professor (also a Baptist Minister) referred to a dead sea scroll about a conversation in which Gabriel asks God why he put the tree in the Garden of Eden if he knew Adam and Eve would eat from it. God's answer of course was about free will. I know, or at least believe, that this story exists. If memory serves me correctly it was a dead sea scroll story that had been a finalist for inclusion in the OT but had been turned down by the Canon process. Try to find it in a Google search though!

Has anyone heard of this story and if so do you have any information on where it can be found?

Thank you in advance, and God Bless!!
Locker
Recognized Member

Re: Alternate Eden Story - Gabriel Asks God Why

Post by Locker »

Wall-dog wrote:I took an OT class in college in which the professor (also a Baptist Minister) referred to a dead sea scroll about a conversation in which Gabriel asks God why he put the tree in the Garden of Eden if he knew Adam and Eve would eat from it. God's answer of course was about free will. I know, or at least believe, that this story exists. If memory serves me correctly it was a dead sea scroll story that had been a finalist for inclusion in the OT but had been turned down by the Canon process. Try to find it in a Google search though!

Has anyone heard of this story and if so do you have any information on where it can be found?

Thank you in advance, and God Bless!!

I have heard of this but never much gave it much thought. Have you tried a web search on it?
Wall-dog
Established Member

Post by Wall-dog »

Locker,

I've tried to google it, but I get too many unrelated hits on whatever search I try. I spent a couple of hours trying to find it on a web search. I find all kinds of stuff on free will being the purpose of having the Tree of Knowledge, but nothing on that story. But I know the story exists.

I brought it up in Bible Study and our pastor wanted more information on it. I told him I'd look it up online...
Wall-dog
Established Member

Post by Wall-dog »

Bump!

Anyone know anything about this??