Genesis

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Brigham
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Genesis

Post by Brigham »

Why does it say plants were created b4 the sun?
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Re: Genesis

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Brigham wrote:Why does it say plants were created b4 the sun?
Perhaps the days overlap.
Yom can overlap.

However, plant life predates animal life.
Plant life could have evolved under overcast conditions.
The chemical pathway for photosynthesis is similar to the chemical pathway for synthesizing hydrocarbons from sulfer compounds.

I'm not the right person to answer this question.
=)

יז וּמֵעֵץ, הַדַּעַת טוֹב וָרָע--לֹא תֹאכַל, מִמֶּנּוּ: כִּי, בְּיוֹם אֲכָלְךָ מִמֶּנּוּ--מוֹת תָּמוּת. 17
See YOM highlighted.

genesis 2:17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.'
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Genesis

Post by Kurieuo »

Brigham wrote:Why does it say plants were created b4 the sun?
This is perhaps one for Young Earthers. I'd recommend reading over The Literal Interpretation of the Genesis One Creation Account.

Kurieuo
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Brigham
Recognized Member

Post by Brigham »

THX!

-Brigham
meforevidence
Recognized Member

Plants before Sun

Post by meforevidence »

Perhaps the plants were still seeds ??

Chapter 1: And God said, Let the earth bring forth the herb of grass bearing seed according to its kind and according to its likeness, and the fruit-tree bearing fruit whose seed is in it, according to its kind on the earth, and it was so. 12 And the earth brought forth the herb of grass bearing seed according to its kind and according to its likeness, and the fruit tree bearing fruit whose seed is in it, according to its kind on the earth, and God saw that it was good.

but in chapter 2 it states: 4 This is the book of the generation of heaven and earth, when they were made, in the day in which the Lord God made the heaven and the earth, 5 and every herb of the field before it was on the earth, and all the grass of the field before it sprang up , for God had not rained on the earth, and there was not a man to cultivate it. 6 But there rose a fountain out of the earth, and watered the whole face of the earth.
I was a former skeptic but now I am a strong believer in God and his word. I have a forum also with Christian Evidences supported with History, Archeology, Ancient Studies, and Philosophy at: //biblehistoryevi.freeforumsite.com/index.php I hope I can encourage many of you as many of you encouage me. God bless