California Earthquake

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
ate
Newbie Member

California Earthquake

Post by ate »

There will be an earthquake in California measuring 9.2 on the scale. It will kill and endanger many lives, warn as many people as you can.

It will occur by the end of this month. Watch 26/27.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

How do you know this?
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

Try calling 911. ;)
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Moses wrote:But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death." You may say to yourselves, "How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD ?" If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him. (Deut. 18:20-22, NIV)
Now, it's a good thing for ate here that we aren't under the Old Covenant, but either way, this does a good job showing how God feels about people talking for Him when they really aren't . . .

Of course, maybe he's not talking on behalf of God at all. This is all just food for thought ;)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
SUGAAAAA
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by SUGAAAAA »

I live in San Diego! :(

I hope you're joking.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Run, Sug . . . run away fast, as fast as you can, and don't look back! Er . . . yeah, something about pillars and salt! [/chicken little]

:?
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

well this is a great way to ruin someone's day :shock:
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

No, no . . . you're taking it all wrong. You should be praising God that you were warned in time to get out. Yeah man . . . James 1, right? Or maybe this is like the Jonah and Nineveh thing. Don't go and just repent. That's probably what you Sodomites . . . er, I mean San Diegoites . . . need to do. REPENT! [/Hell-Fire and Brimstone Preacher]

fakeedit: joke is getting old . . .
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

its weird though. this guy registers here, makes only 1 post, and leaves... doesnt even explain who he is, how he knows, or by what authority he speaks this...

do you mind explaining a bit, ate?
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

:lol: @ Jac3510

SUGAAAAA, me thinks I smell a troll, yes...my preeecciioouuusssss.....
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

SUGAAAAA wrote:its weird though. this guy registers here, makes only 1 post, and leaves... doesnt even explain who he is, how he knows, or by what authority he speaks this...

do you mind explaining a bit, ate?
he just leaves you here with news of an earthquake,
oh watchout your going to die, cya later!

:roll:
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

No im not... Im gonna flee to Mexico! :D
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

SUGAAAAA wrote:No im not... Im gonna flee to Mexico! :D
Cya next month :D
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

He said it will be in California so I'll just drove over to Tijuana (just across the border) for a few days, where the nation's boundary will keep me safe.

yes...
Kokujin
Acquainted Member

Post by Kokujin »

And where did you hear this information? "The big one" has been known to happen at any time as with the yellowstone caldera, and multiple more catestrophic events for a while now. How can you say it will be now? It could happen 100 years from now...