How do you argue _____?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Missing13
Newbie Member

How do you argue _____?

Post by Missing13 »

How do you argue the whole "other lifeforms" topic? I can't exactly say "Oh, because the Bible says God only created life on Earth" because that will instantly be refuted.

also, what is that whole thing about the 10^120? That just confused me.

I'm not very old...so I hope you understand that. :wink:

Oh yeah, anyone have a link to that one story about the scientists who tried to recreate the big bang and all they got was a bunch of stuff that proved that it wasn't possible?
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Re: How do you argue _____?

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Missing13 wrote:Oh yeah, anyone have a link to that one story about the scientists who tried to recreate the big bang and all they got was a bunch of stuff that proved that it wasn't possible?
Where ever you heard this, this information is wrong.
The latest data supports the idea that the universe began with a singularity.

The key to this is the pattern of the radiation. At smaller scales matter behaves differently than what we perceive in everyday life.

Fluctuations which may have occurred at these small scales does a good job of explaining the distribution of matter in the universe.

Think of it like a balloon. First you blow it up a little. You drip a drop of paint on it. Then blow up the balloon. The pattern in the blown up balloon is like the measurements scientists just made.

From here with a few calculations you can get back to the original drop of paint.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson