Time to buy your "end-times flag"

Got some good and clean jokes to share? Everyone likes a laugh.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Time to buy your "end-times flag"

Post by August »

http://end-timesflag.tripod.com/

Only $55-00, so that you will be identified as one of the good guys.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm getting a divine revelation on some new business ideas.
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I have a Hal Lindsay rapture sling-shot ...... watch the news, jump in the holder, release yourself and meet Jesus halfway in the air! Beat your friends!
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by puritan lad »

Canuckster1127 wrote:I have a Hal Lindsay rapture sling-shot ...... watch the news, jump in the holder, release yourself and meet Jesus halfway in the air! Beat your friends!
While this is funny, it isn't too far from the truth. There was a TV Preacher back in the 1980's who advertised a Holy Land tour for 1988 where you could stay in a hotel on the Mount of Olives and ascend to heaven a few feet from where Jesus did. :lol:
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

puritan lad wrote:
Canuckster1127 wrote:I have a Hal Lindsay rapture sling-shot ...... watch the news, jump in the holder, release yourself and meet Jesus halfway in the air! Beat your friends!
While this is funny, it isn't too far from the truth. There was a TV Preacher back in the 1980's who advertised a Holy Land tour for 1988 where you could stay in a hotel on the Mount of Olives and ascend to heaven a few feet from where Jesus did. :lol:
I can match you story for story if you like. I spent a good part of the 80's attending an institution where events like that were more than a hobby.

I see and promote the humor, but there is a very sad element to a lot of this.

If you want to know more, send me a donation and I will forward to you my latest book, "Tongues in the Millennium" which will explain the linkage to these two often misunderstood doctrines. While supplies last, you can also receive my prayer cloth as your direct connection to God and His healing power. Cash or credit card. I can't allow checks in good conscious any longer as Sister Bertha had her bunions return after her check went NSF last month.
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by puritan lad »

I can't send a donation unless you can bless it so that I will get it back 100 fold (unless of course God is going to kill you if I don't).

My, if you don't think that the Christian God is real, ask yourself how the Christian faith has managed to survive TBN. That is a real miracle. :)
Canuckster1127 wrote:I see and promote the humor, but there is a very sad element to a lot of this.
True, but I stand with Elijah. That which is ridiculous deserves ridicule.

Fisherman
Recognized Member

Post by Fisherman »

puritan lad wrote:My, if you don't think that the Christian God is real, ask yourself how the Christian faith has managed to survive TBN. That is a real miracle. :)
Oh boy! You said a mouthful there! :lol:
Ain't what I otta be, Ain’t what I wanta be, Ain't what I could be, Image

But, thank God, I Ain't what I used to be, And, Praise God, I, Ain't what I'm gonna be! :D
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

I see nothing wrong in the flag. Just like wearing a cross necklace if you ask me, or having a fish on the back of your car. I respect it's design. I wouldn't buy it myself, but then again neigher would I buy a cross for my wall, my neck, or a fish for my car.

I don't understand the attack on selling them. They sell Bibles, do they not? And they make a pretty good profit off them, too, don't they? I assume some of you have bought Bibles yourself?

And who said it must-needs be a flag for the End Times? Books supporting evolution can be bought by a YEC simply to be refuted, can they not? I see it the same as putting an Easter cling of a cross on a window in the front of your house. Just a declaration, public or private, of your faith as a Christian.

I'm a little offended by the attacks on this item, actually.
Fisherman
Recognized Member

Post by Fisherman »

A little different than the fish or Cross necklace. If the flag were just declaring that the owner is a Christian that would be one thing but this is just another opportunistic sales gimmic just like those little prayer cloths and packets of special anointing oil they market on TBN and other places. It doesn't say I'm a Chriatian. It says, "The sky is falling! The end is near! Get yer flag here or God won't find you!"

I'm talking about the marking method and the reason to buy one, not the flag itself. You are right of course about the declaration, public or private, of your faith as a Christian part. That's fine as long as the buyer doesn't think that the flag has any special powers or he needs it for God to identify the Christian cars. LOL

I know folks that watch that channel and soak up whatever those big haired preachers sell and believe they just have to have those trinkets to get to Heaven. Money money money!
kateliz wrote:I see nothing wrong in the flag. Just like wearing a cross necklace if you ask me, or having a fish on the back of your car. I respect it's design. I wouldn't buy it myself, but then again neigher would I buy a cross for my wall, my neck, or a fish for my car.

I don't understand the attack on selling them. They sell Bibles, do they not? And they make a pretty good profit off them, too, don't they? I assume some of you have bought Bibles yourself?

And who said it must-needs be a flag for the End Times? Books supporting evolution can be bought by a YEC simply to be refuted, can they not? I see it the same as putting an Easter cling of a cross on a window in the front of your house. Just a declaration, public or private, of your faith as a Christian.

I'm a little offended by the attacks on this item, actually.
Ain't what I otta be, Ain’t what I wanta be, Ain't what I could be, Image

But, thank God, I Ain't what I used to be, And, Praise God, I, Ain't what I'm gonna be! :D
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

No offense intended on the humor.

I really did attend a school where this type of thing was pretty common and frankly, humor just helped to maintain some perspective.

For instance, we had a record of a healing message that would be sent out some time back. Eventually we had to stop however. The hole in the middle kept scabbing over.

We had a special school for dog obedience too. Whenever you told the dog to "heal" he would stand, lay paws on you and bark something that sounded remarkably like, "In the name of Jesus ....."

If someone wants to have a flag that is meaningful to them as a symbol of the end times then more power to them.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender