Gospel of Judas

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
Mathezar
Newbie Member

Gospel of Judas

Post by Mathezar »

Has anyone seen the recent news articles about the Gospel of Judas?

I was just wondering if anyone of you had any thoughts about this new story.

My take is that it is really not news at all. All it proves is that some individuals in early church history didn't believe in all of the tenets of the gospels.

What is really funny is how this is being reported. It seems that the news articles I read are using this to call into question the truths of the Bible.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Gospel of Judas

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Mathezar wrote:Has anyone seen the recent news articles about the Gospel of Judas?

My take is that it is really not news at all. All it proves is that some individuals in early church history didn't believe in all of the tenets of the gospels.

What is really funny is how this is being reported. It seems that the news articles I read are using this to call into question the truths of the Bible.
http://godandscience.org/apologetics/gospel_judas.html

Check out the above article on this board that Rich just put up. I actually have some background in this area and Rich is dead on the money here. Excellent treatment of the subject.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Re: Gospel of Judas

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Canuckster1127 wrote:
Mathezar wrote:Has anyone seen the recent news articles about the Gospel of Judas?

http://godandscience.org/apologetics/gospel_judas.html

Check out the above article on this board that Rich just put up. I actually have some background in this area and Rich is dead on the money here. Excellent treatment of the subject.
Just read the article, sounds about right.
=)
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mywolverine
Newbie Member

Post by Mywolverine »

Very good article.