Gossip....how did you know that!?

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
ryo dokomi
Established Member
Christian: No

Gossip....how did you know that!?

Post by ryo dokomi »

i have come across many things in my life as a christian. the one that is nearly the most desterbing is how much gossip i find in the church. someone tells someone a problem, asks for prayer, and suddenly the whole church is comming up to them saying their oppinions on the subject. how far do we as christians go, how far can we go and not make it pointless, "did you hear... so and so is ......"
"oh, really?"
"yeah. oh, and you should probably pray for him for it."

i find this to be rediculous and just plain rude, inconsiderate, and something that needs to be changed.

agian, my question is how far can we go without gossipping. ((for i fear i may do the same things, no matter how much i despise it))
Therefore, submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. James 4:7

it is all about submitting before God, then, and only then, will we have the promise given in Luke 10:19
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

Well, you don't need to specify what the prayer is desired for specifically. You can be as general as you want and God'll know the need to be met. I feel bad for "him".