Homo Erectus

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Homo Erectus

Post by Gman »

Hi folks,

I have a somewhat troubling question, (at least for me) that I would like to address. Many times when I talk about creation the old homo erectus thing comes up... The half human half ape or whatever creature comes up. Some of the theories I've head and is that it isn't human, others say that it is human . Even though the skull looks primitive, (which could be a lack of vitamin D or something) we should be more concerned of how it is wired. Even today we can see people with weird shaped skulls, but how it is wired (which we can't see) is the mitigating factor.

I can't seem to get a good solid answer from this website. What are your thoughts on Homo Erectus?

Thanks,
G -
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Homo Erectus

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Gman wrote:Hi folks,

I have a somewhat troubling question, (at least for me) that I would like to address. Many times when I talk about creation the old homo erectus thing comes up... The half human half ape or whatever creature comes up. Some of the theories I've head and is that it isn't human, others say that it is human . Even though the skull looks primitive, (which could be a lack of vitamin D or something) we should be more concerned of how it is wired. Even today we can see people with weird shaped skulls, but how it is wired (which we can't see) is the mitigating factor.

I can't seem to get a good solid answer from this website. What are your thoughts on Homo Erectus?

Thanks,
G -
I think there were hominids before Adam. I think Adam was the first human with the image of God and a spirit breathed into him.

Hominids before Adam was created, were animals.

Here is a very detailed article on the main board dealing with this and many more elements. Did you find it and read it earlier?

What are your thoughts on what it has to say?

http://www.godandscience.org/evolution/ ... ponse.html
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Thanks Canuckster.. Yes that was very helpful. No, I didn't see it before. I'm kind of new to this site. There is a lot of info here and I think it will take me awhile to find all the peices.

I'm assuming hominids are being lumped together with animals according to the Bible and not with man as in Gen 1:26?

G -
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

Hi all

I think what you have to ask yourself is why are homospaiens the most advanced species on this planet. Even if there were homoids existing before - the fact is they didn't survive. The HS is advanced by such a ridiculous measure that it seems common sense to me that this was because we were the ones God breathed into and the environment that we were placed it was ideal for our development - Eden.

These are just thoughts and ramblings by the way - with no scriptural or scientific backup. :wink:

God Bless

Silvertusk
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

One thing to note is that all homo species are differentiated from modern homo sapiens by their lack of imagination and creativity.

Things in common are, fire, tool building, rudimentary culture, and perhaps language.

The images below highlight the main difference.
ImageImage
Abstract thought and creativity. There is no evidence for religion prior to the earliest modern humans (burial rituals).

A fairly recent finding has some thinking that neanderthal's were capable of art. However I remain skeptical of the evidence.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

This looks like Wilma Flinstone's sewing needle. :lol: :shock: