Rains and storms

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Rains and storms

Post by Jac3510 »

Haha, so when it rains it pours, right? You guys saw the thread I put in the prayer request forums about the ex-gf situation. Thank you all tremendously for that, btw. Now, this is funny . . .

1) Satury, Amy breaks up with me,
2) Monday, I get fined $1,000 for driving without insurance, which is first of all excessive and second of all always dropped if it was done in ignorance and straighted out by the time of the court date, both of which are true in this case,
3) And today I quit my job.

The job is worthy of its own paragraph. Three things happened. First, I got accused of making a sexually provocative statement to a girl at work. Rather than me deny it, I'll just tell you what was said. She was mad at me for cooking Amy dinner at her apartment with just the two of us. That has the appearance of sin, don't ya know!?! So, I was trying to get her to understand that what one person has a problem with, another doesn't, and just because you have a problem with something doesn't make it sin. To prove my case I pointed to her shirt, which was a totally normal t-shirt, unremarkable in every way. I reminded her that extreme Muslims would be offended because it didn't cover her arms down to her wrist. She objected, saying nothing was wrong with the shirt, I agreed, and that was the end of the conversation. And that is, apparently, sexual harrassment. That has been basically resolved, but then my boss got mad because apparently I have a tendancy of coming in late. That's just not true. The clock on the wall is a full five minutes fast. I am scheduled at 8, and every day, I am there by 8:02 at the latest, but the clock on the wall says 8:07 - 8:10, depending on the day. I've offered to fix it, and they don't want me to so that they can go home early. I don't take breaks, and furthermore, I take short lunches, sometimes none at all.

Top that off with the boss saying that my work is slacking off. Long story short there, the average person gets done between twenty and forty books a day. I get better than sixty, sometimes eighty. I am the most productive person in the library, and I find time to help students with their research.

And if all that were not enough, the administration, being thoroughly Southern Baptist, hates my free grace stance, even though I only talk to them about it when they bring it up TO ME. That wouldn't be a big deal if it weren't for the fact that we have serious charasmatics in the school as well, and they hold to vastly different theological positions than the admin, too.

So, since all that happened in one day, I resigned. I'm going to straighten everything out tomorrow and offer to work out a notice, because I'm just that nice of a guy. *breaks arm patting himself on the back*

And why is this not in the prayer request board? Because there is nothing to pray about. God is awesome. I absolutely cannot wait to see how God uses this bless me. Gotta be positive and trust God and all that, eh? That whole Gen. 50:20 and Rom. 8:28 thing. As a song I wrote says, Jesus doesn't calm the storms of your life, but praise God, He is "the calm within the storm"!

God bless
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Regardless, it seems that you can do with a prayer or two. I will remember you in my prayers.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com