Conflict confusion

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Conflict confusion

Post by Gman »

There seems to be a lot of confusion on how this Lebanese/Israeli conflict got started. I have never heard any reporter (even on conservative programs) get it right, at least from what I've heard. I always hear that the conflict was started after Hezbollah captured two Israeli soldiers (and everyone says big deal.. right?), but you never hear about these diversionary mortar attacks on civilian villages before the capture or the eight others that were killed as well..
At 9:05 AM local time (06:05 UTICA), on 12 July, 2006, Hezbollah initiated a diversionary Katyusha rocket and mortar attack on Israeli military positions and on the villages of Even Menahem and Matted. At the same time, a ground contingent of Hezbollah attacked two Israeli armored Humvees along the Israel-Lebanon border, near the village of Zar'it, capturing two Israeli soldiers and killing three. Five others were killed later on the Lebanese side of the border during a mission to rescue the two abducted soldiers."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Lebanon_Conflict

G -
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

And can we not forget rockets fired into Israel from 2000 onwards?
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Kmart, hmmm, I've heard of other conflicts before this conflict on the border.. Can you give me some links to those other ones? I knew they were stock-pilling weapons there for years too, which doesn't seem to get much attention either...

Thanks,
G -
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Gman wrote:Kmart, hmmm, I've heard of other conflicts before this conflict on the border.. Can you give me some links to those other ones? I knew they were stock-pilling weapons there for years too, which doesn't seem to get much attention either...

Thanks,
G -
Not referring to border conflicts-referring to the fact Hizbollah has been launching missiles into Israel for years. That's all. I haven't heard of other conflicts actually.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous