Does this article answer questions on Insect Pollination

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Does this article answer questions on Insect Pollination

Post by Canuckster1127 »

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 222521.htm

I briefly scanned this article and it struck me that it might in part answer the question as to how why insect were created after plants, in terms of pollination.

Obviously, in an OEC perspective or evolution, insect pollination was a later development.

Thoughts?

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
sandy_mcd
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: Does this article answer questions on Insect Pollination

Post by sandy_mcd »

Canuckster1127 wrote:I briefly scanned this article and it struck me that it might in part answer the question as to how why insect were created after plants, in terms of pollination.
Obviously, in an OEC perspective or evolution, insect pollination was a later development.
Timeline from http://www.lpi.usra.edu/education/timeline/activity/

First Land Plants 430 Million Years Ago
There MAY be fossil spores from plants as early as ~500 million years ago. Think of “mosses” when you think of the first land plants — these early conquerors were low to the ground and needed access to water to reproduce. Only bacteria, slime, etc., were on land before this!

First Insects 430 Million Years Ago
Not far behind the plants! Some fossil evidence for insects includes "bite" marks in plant fossils.

First Angiosperms (Flowering Plants) ~100 MillionYears Ago
Lots of debate on the timing of this event! Gymnosperms are commonly pollinated by wind; angiosperms have flowers that attract insects and birds, increasing the opportunities for pollination. Pollinated seeds are encased in nutrients — giving us the fruit we enjoy!