Just a Hello

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
identity_in_development
Familiar Member
Christian: No

Just a Hello

Post by identity_in_development »

Hello folks,

I just joined the forum and I thought I'd say hi to all the friendly bloggers/posters here. I've enjoyed reading the articles on the main page of the website and I've spent some time reading posts in this discussion board. Actually, I'd say that I've spent nearly 2 months (not continuous) reading through articles, posts, etc.

With that said, and having read completely the "discussion guidelines," I'm currently somewhere between agnostic and atheist in my beliefs. I'm neither here to persuade anyone of anything, nor am I here to be persuaded - "So what does that leave?" one might ask. I'd say discussion.

I'm a friendly and reasonable person: stable, sane, thirsty for knowledge, optimistic, and healthy. I was raised Pentecostal and I'm currently dating a Christian girl.

I'll be happy to tell more about myself upon request, should there be any interest.

I just have one request: Please be kind. I know I differ from the majority in this forum, and I know that atheism is generally frowned upon by people here, but please, give me at least a tiny bit of benefit in your doubts.

Thank you,

Aaron
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

Hello Aaron

Since you have seen the Discussion lines and Board Rules that will not be necessary to show you :wink: .

Please feel free to explore as you will notice many different Christians and beliefs from Old Earth, Theisitic Evolution, Young Earth...

Enjoy and make sure to walk that thin line Softly :D
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Just a Hello

Post by Canuckster1127 »

identity_in_development wrote:Hello folks,

I just joined the forum and I thought I'd say hi to all the friendly bloggers/posters here. I've enjoyed reading the articles on the main page of the website and I've spent some time reading posts in this discussion board. Actually, I'd say that I've spent nearly 2 months (not continuous) reading through articles, posts, etc.

With that said, and having read completely the "discussion guidelines," I'm currently somewhere between agnostic and atheist in my beliefs. I'm neither here to persuade anyone of anything, nor am I here to be persuaded - "So what does that leave?" one might ask. I'd say discussion.

I'm a friendly and reasonable person: stable, sane, thirsty for knowledge, optimistic, and healthy. I was raised Pentecostal and I'm currently dating a Christian girl.

I'll be happy to tell more about myself upon request, should there be any interest.

I just have one request: Please be kind. I know I differ from the majority in this forum, and I know that atheism is generally frowned upon by people here, but please, give me at least a tiny bit of benefit in your doubts.

Thank you,

Aaron
Aaron,

We encourage and welcome sincere seekers who respect the purpose of this board and are willing to discuss these issues politely and and show openness to interacting with the material on the main page as well as here on the board.

It is a fine line but it is a line we encourage and welcome.

If you have questions, you may PM myself, Bizzt, Felgar or Byblos, who are moderators on the board. If we see a problem, we'll let you know too.

This is important to us as we don't exist as a freewheeling discussion board for anti-theists, militant atheists etc to continually challange and belittle the beliefs and purposes of the board.

We do believe that plain conversation with personal respect is a good thing however and it seems that's what you're indicating you want as well.

So welcome and please let us get to know you better.

Blessings,

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender