Jesus vs. other ¨god-men¨

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
edwardryr
Newbie Member

Jesus vs. other ¨god-men¨

Post by edwardryr »

I recently read about comparisons between Jesus Christ with other deities of other religions http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa.htm

so what do you think about this?
is it true?
Fortigurn
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: Jesus vs. other ¨god-men¨

Post by Fortigurn »

edwardryr wrote:is it true?
No.
Turgonian
Christian: No

Post by Turgonian »

The Bible says they were "willingly ignorant". In the Greek, this means "be dumb on purpose". (Kent Hovind)
edwardryr
Newbie Member

Post by edwardryr »

Any more elaborate answer than just no?
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Post by Byblos »

edwardryr wrote:Any more elaborate answer than just no?

Edwardryr,

Those are definitely more elaborate than just no, they are hyperlinks. Please click on them.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
jeffg
Newbie Member

Post by jeffg »

These are the same arguments that have been floated around for the last hundred years and answered at least that many times. I would suggest your read Ron Nash's "The Gospel and the Greeks" and J. Gretchem Machen's "The Virgin Birth". Both of these books go into great detail and discuss all the various rising and dying god and virgin birth stories. They show that there is no comparison between those and the New Testament stories about Jesus. So go to your library, if they don't have them they can order them. They would be well worth your while reading.

Jeff
Mr. Hyde
Acquainted Member

Post by Mr. Hyde »

It's amazing how a site which is so dedicated to religious tolerance could be so critical of conservative Christianity.
Meh...
Canuckster1127
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Mr. Hyde wrote:It's amazing how a site which is so dedicated to religious tolerance could be so critical of conservative Christianity.
Meh...
Where is this site critical? Are you confusing individuals with the site as a whole? Or am I misunderstanding your comment?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

Mr Hyde, are referring to the http://www.religioustolerance.org website - or to this one, our godandscience website?
I am not particularly fond of the religioustolerance site as I have found their information to be biased and not always accurate.
Judah
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Judah »

Hello jeffg. Welcome to this forum. Come back and talk with us some more.
Turgonian
Christian: No

Post by Turgonian »

Woof. :lol:

Judah, how about this?

'Jeffg, you're always welcome to come back and we'd appreciate to discuss topics with you, but of course you don't have to come back if you don't want to.'
The Bible says they were "willingly ignorant". In the Greek, this means "be dumb on purpose". (Kent Hovind)
jeffg
Newbie Member

Post by jeffg »

I will be back from time to time. I used to come here all the time back when Rich was first starting this. Just don't have the free time that i used to, But I will try and make it back more often
Judah
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Judah »

Turgonian wrote:Woof. :lol:

Judah, how about this?

'Jeffg, you're always welcome to come back and we'd appreciate to discuss topics with you, but of course you don't have to come back if you don't want to.'
Turgy, Sit! Good boy. :P :wink:

Yes of course, you put it so well and and that is exactly what I meant. 8)

Jeffg, glad you are popping back in again, then. :D
Mr. Hyde
Acquainted Member

Post by Mr. Hyde »

Judah wrote:Mr Hyde, are referring to the http://www.religioustolerance.org website - or to this one, our godandscience website?
I am not particularly fond of the religioustolerance site as I have found their information to be biased and not always accurate.
Religioustolerance.org, mi amigo.

I dislike the site alot.