Rasputin

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
hetfield
Familiar Member

Rasputin

Post by hetfield »

OK so I'm sure a few of you here know about the life of Rasputin, hopefully. If not look up his wikipedia article, it's interesting, he had a crazy, weird life. Anyway historians claimed that he had the ability to heal the young Romanov boy Tsarevich Alexei, Tsarevich suffered from haemophilia.(Sp?) Anyway one day Tsar fell off of his bike, and was cut, to put a long story short the docters expected him to not make it through the night, but Rasputin walked into the room with Tsar and looked at him, the docters said that the look made Tsar better, and by the next week he fully recovered, also the Romanov family was in a time of despair, so Rasputin left, no one knew whether or not he would come back, until one day he came back, because he got a letter stating that he must come back because Tsar was in bad condition again, so he came back, looked at Tsar and he got better as the week went along, skeptics of this story might say that it was pure coincidence, but his death on the other hand is pretty hardcore. I know that alot of weird stuff happened in the Old Testament, but his death is just as about as weird.If you don't know about his death then read about it. Anyway my point of this story is that Rasputin according to some historians had healing powers, so did Christ. Christ went through a death not imaginable, so did Rasputing, I'm trying to make a point, nor am I trying to say that Rasputing was the modern day Christ, or anything like that. I had a teacher who thought that Rasputin was possed in some sort, do you believe this? His death was techinally a miracle of some sort, would you think so also?
"The greatest feeling is looking at something, and wondering how it works-"Albert Einstien.