Hey everyone! Just joined!!!!

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
jakelo
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Hey everyone! Just joined!!!!

Post by jakelo »

Hi everyone, I just joined the forum and look forward to meeting all of you! I'll just tell all of you a little about myself. I live in Austin, Texas. Born and raised. I am Christian with strong faith. I do have a story of how I found my faith, and this may help others that are struggling with their own.
A long time ago, I was struggling with believing in a god of any kind. Since I am the close friend of two athiests and one agnostic, I wasn't really receiving much support. For a while I called myself athiest because I felt that believing in a god that looks down on me, knowing everything I'm doing and everything I will do made zero sense. Well one night I said one more desperate prayer before I would completely lose my faith. I prayed to God, begging Him to give me a sign that He is there and He does exist, for Him to give me a sign that no scientist can dispute or begin to explain. After I was done with my prayer, I went to bed. The next day at school (high school, I'm currently a senior), I felt a little down-hearted but I was somewhat hopeful of finding my sign. When I was in my first period class, I was called up to my teachers desk to discuss extra credit. He kept me waiting for a minute or two because he was on the phone, so I stood there and just looked around his desk. He had a lot of drawings from his son. But one caught my eye and made my heart jump. I saw a very small, and yes, poorly cut, heart shaped piece of paper. I looked at it closely and it had the words, "I love you daddy" scribbled on it. At that moment, I felt such overwhelming peace, love, and a powerful presence. At that moment, I knew God was there and that He loves me. Because no scientist can explain the love that a child feels for his or her parents, and there is no scientist that can explain the love the parent feels for his or her child. They can say that it is a chemical reaction and all this other nonsense. But I don't call the parents' willingness to give even their lives for their children a simple chemical reaction. Since then, I have been doing what I can to follow Jesus Christ (though I could still use some improvement :wink: ). Sometimes, I do struggle with my faith a little, but I always remember the sign that God sent me, and my faith is restored.
Well, thats my story. Again, I look forward to meeting all of you.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Hi, welcome, fellow Texan!

Hope you have a good time here. I have learnt lots.

All the best.

A
Prodigal Son
Christian: No

Post by Prodigal Son »

welcome! great story! :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Welcome!! I just love Texans! I know there must be cousins of mine all around since I descend from Thomas Mays who fought at San Jacinto. :)