WELLLL HOWDY!

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
aYs
Newbie Member
Christian: No

WELLLL HOWDY!

Post by aYs »

I've been looking around on this site for a few months now, and finally got registered for the forum.

My name is Justin, I'm 21 years old, and I'm from Dallas, TX.

I remember going to church when I was younger, but after my parents got a divorce when I was in 2nd grade we stopped. I started getting in a lot of trouble as I entered my teens, and was very hateful and rebellious. I began to despise God and directed my focus toward whatever addiction I was on. My addictive personality latched onto many things: different hobbies, food, vandalism, you name it. When I got into highschool I naturally yearned for acceptance. This combined with my father's death led me to a very painful drug addiction that lasted a few years ending up in overdoses, jails, rehabs, hospitals, and homeless. It was in the midst of my hopelessness and self-destruction that my heart was softened. Over the next 6 months I was led to Jesus Christ through people, and different circumstances. A year after I accepted Christ there is an extreme contrast between the hopeless and hateful person I was, and the very loving, kind, and peaceful Christ-follower that I am today. I am so blessed.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: WELLLL HOWDY!

Post by B. W. »

aYs wrote:I've been looking around on this site for a few months now, and finally got registered for the forum.

I remember going to church when I was younger, but after my parents got a divorce when I was in 2nd grade we stopped. I started getting in a lot of trouble as I entered my teens, and was very hateful and rebellious. I began to despise God and directed my focus toward whatever addiction I was on. My addictive personality latched onto many things: different hobbies, food, vandalism, you name it. When I got into highschool I naturally yearned for acceptance. This combined with my father's death led me to a very painful drug addiction that lasted a few years ending up in overdoses, jails, rehabs, hospitals, and homeless. It was in the midst of my hopelessness and self-destruction that my heart was softened. Over the next 6 months I was led to Jesus Christ through people, and different circumstances. A year after I accepted Christ there is an extreme contrast between the hopeless and hateful person I was, and the very loving, kind, and peaceful Christ-follower that I am today. I am so blessed.
Justin - Welcome aboard! Never fear too add new post or ask questions here! This is one place where iron sharpens iron.

Yes! Christ all Glory to the Lord for your salvation!

Welcome
-
-
-
YLTYLT
Established Member

Post by YLTYLT »

Welcome fellow Dallasite!!!!!!!!

I am from the area as well.

Good to have you on board.

PM me if you would like to know of any weekly Bible studies weekend services in the area. I go to several in the Mesquite - Rockwall area.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: WELLLL HOWDY!

Post by Gman »

aYs wrote:I've been looking around on this site for a few months now, and finally got registered for the forum.

Welcome Justin,

I too came to Christ around your age... Now that I'm almost 42, Christ is still the focus of my life.. He will never leave you.. It's a beautiful journey that will remain with you the rest of your life. And no one can take that away from you..

You have chosen wisely,

God bless,

G -
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8