Who were Adam and Eve?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Elastic
Newbie Member

Who were Adam and Eve?

Post by Elastic »

Is it possible that Adam and Eve represent the first self aware human beings rather than the first human beings? This would explain why they were able to interact with God but consequently also discovered guilt, shame and the concept of sin.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Who were Adam and Eve?

Post by Silvertusk »

Elastic wrote:Is it possible that Adam and Eve represent the first self aware human beings rather than the first human beings? This would explain why they were able to interact with God but consequently also discovered guilt, shame and the concept of sin.
I believe they where the first Homoids that God Breathed his spirit into and that we were the first to carry his image. Whether they were individual people I dont know. Read "Who was Adam" by Hugh Ross. That is a good place to start.

God Bless

Silvertusk.
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

It is clear that they rebelled against God and they was something unique that happened in their essential thinking/behavior as a result....

I think we may invent new psychological words for the awareness of our sinfulness, but that rebellion is there.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

This would explain why they were able to interact with God but consequently also discovered guilt, shame and the concept of sin.
They only discovered that because they deliberately decided to disobey God's only command to them.

I take the bible literally unless otherwise indicated, ie, symbolism, parables, and allegories...which are pictures of something literal anyway. If Adam and Eve were not the first humans... period...then we are seriously misguided by God in His word.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Enigma7457
Valued Member
Christian: No

Post by Enigma7457 »

I agree with FFC (if you don't mind me asking what does that stand for?)

If Adam and Eve weren't the first Humans, then we are seriously misled. Genesis doesn't seem metaphorical or poetic. It is possible the Adam and Eve were the first Humans made in the likeness of God (ie, spiritual beings with souls and whatnot). MAybe there were cavemen before them and they didn't have souls?
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

I agree with FFC (if you don't mind me asking what does that stand for?)
Fool for Christ (your actually the first to ask)
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Enigma7457
Valued Member
Christian: No

Post by Enigma7457 »

I like that. (I assumed it was your initials)