Who is greater?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Charlie Brown
Acquainted Member

Who is greater?

Post by Charlie Brown »

If you really love me, you will be happy for me, because now I can go to the Father, who is greater than I am. John 14:28

According to what I've been told, both God the Father and God the Son (Jesus) were equal. If this is true, why did Jesus say God is greater than He is?
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Who is greater?

Post by B. W. »

Charlie Brown wrote:If you really love me, you will be happy for me, because now I can go to the Father, who is greater than I am. John 14:28

According to what I've been told, both God the Father and God the Son (Jesus) were equal. If this is true, why did Jesus say God is greater than He is?
You might ask yourself this question to answer yours —

Why did Jesus say these things?

John 10:29-30, "My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one. KJV

John 17:11, "And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are." KJV
-
-
-